New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

97 civic rear tires wearing funny

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 97 civic rear tires wearing funny

AHHH Cool! yea i totally missed that when i was under the car!!! now i know, thanks mxs!

well i know that they struts havent been touched in the last 100k miles, and since there hasnt been any work done to the rear of the car, i dont think that the toe adjustment is out.. i'm really still thinking that with this many miles, and 10 years old, the old rubber has given up, and has allowed things to move around, thus causing alignment issues... i know for sure that the trailing arm rubbers are toast, i mean old cracked and letting go.. i have the replacements for thoes, but i was thinking, as long as i have them out to replace these, i might as well replace all the bushings, then take it to a shop, and get it all set up right... i can do the struts, as i know that they've gotta be getting to the end of thier lifes...if not already long since past that point..
as for struts/shocks, i'll look at thoes brands, i was also looking on jegs and summit, and man some of them are really expensive... suggestions on where else to shop? i guess i could go to my locas advanced or whatever here local and just see what they have... i have a spring compressor, so i'll be ready when its time to do that... i'll have to see what the specs are on different springs, to see if i can find a set i like...for the ride height i wanna keep...

oh, and i wanted to ask while i was on summit i found matrix tower braces, front and rear... do you think that these are worth the $$ thier like $30 each, front and rear.. i know that i need a set, but its a question of these or something thats a bunch more expensive...

Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

oh, and what is the diff between upper strut tower braces and lower braces, i can totally imagine where they go on top, across the top of the engine.. but the lowers?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: project5k

i was also looking on jegs and summit, and man some of them are really expensive... suggestions on where else to shop?
I got mine at RedShift. How much are you looking to spend?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

well i'd really like to stay on the cheaper side, but i understand that i do have to spend some money...

Old 03-07-2007, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

hmmm well i was thinking something in the low yellows to upper reds.. i do want ti improve my handeling some, but i'm not gonna drom a grand into just the shocks and then have to add springs to that.. at least not for now..

Old 03-07-2007, 10:58 AM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, don't even look at the Koni RACE shocks. The Koni Yellows are the best, the Koni Reds would work too, and the Tokico Blues would be fine

actually, there was a guy selling the Tokico Blues cheap in the classifieds here, see if they are still available

Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

i do wanna stiffen up the ride, but i dont want it soo stiff that i cant go down the highway comfortably....
oh, did you see my post about the upper and lower tower braces? i'm still currious about thoes....

Old 03-07-2007, 11:53 AM
mxs
HCF Member

yeah, check the product review section, for 5th gen and 6th gen, there should be some info there. https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forumid_235/tt.htm

Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

alrighty, i did a search for matrix, didnt find anything.. i did see one about 2 uppers and a lower, so i'll check it and maby it cna help me to understand... if and or when i get these, whats the proper wat to set them up? i would think that just a little preload on the locking nuts would be a good idea...

Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: project5k

alrighty, i did a search for matrix, didnt find anything.
I'm sure they are the same as the "bomz racing" ebay bars.

Quick Reply: 97 civic rear tires wearing funny