New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

98 Civic DX & total noob.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Default 98 Civic DX & total noob.

Hi.. My names Tiffany. Finally got a car of my own to drive after getting a hand-me-down civic.
Honestly, I just wanted a car to get me from point A to point B, but now, not so much.
Thus, I'm not so proud of my car and I have no clue what to do with it and no money. I just want to make it look nice and clean.

I dont really have many pictures of my car, but here are some. Its a 98 Civic DX. I hate my ghetto roll down windows. Influence me please.

My cat on my car & my air freshner.. obviously Im a girl.

Its off to the left...

Thats it

The antenna broke off, paint is chipping off, and I really hate the black trim. I wish my car was just one solid color. Preferably black.
and so far I've debadged the DX off of it from what Ive been learning.. or lurking.

Anyway, looking forward to learning new things

Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 98 Civic DX & total noob.

wow, sounds like you really hate your car. why did you get it? first thing you can probably do is togive it a nice wash and wax and detail the interior. for the antenna you can get the part and replace or if you don't use the radio you can get the antenna block off plate. i sometimes wish that i had gotten a civic with out the black trim but i guess it's ok you canalways get them painted. there are some cheap visual mods out therejust look and search around, sure you will find something.welcome to the forum btw

Old 06-22-2008, 12:40 PM

I had no choice with this civic. My dad bought the c350 benz and gave me the civic (it was his old car).

As for the antenna, I'm thinking about buying an in-car antenna, if those even exist (heard about them from a friend). I'm probably going to buy a block off plate or just keep it as is for now. I use an iPod FM Tuner and the radio reception works fine w/o the antenna.

I don't really hate my car, I've always been a fan of coupes, so the civic being a sedan is already a setback for me. But whatever, I'm trying to learn to love it

Old 06-22-2008, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

i guess at least you have a car. never seen an in car antenna but if you do find one let me know i would love to get one, hate the exterior antenna that sticks out. sedans arn't that bad more convient than a coupe. i like that mercedes a lot, how much was it?

Old 06-22-2008, 02:49 PM

Haha yea. The antenna makes the car look so obsolete compared to lots of newer cars ><.
I think my dad's benz is really why I feel so mediocre with my car hahah. It's really nice. I think it was about $47k? Not sure, but somewhere around there. It's not fuel efficient at all though. [:'(]

Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM
HCF Member

yea definitely not fuel efficient. i drove the c230 kompressor sports edition before and it was a nicecar to drive compare to my civic. but the civic is saving me gas money. lol