New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

alright, new here just introducin

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Default alright, new here just introducin

yo my names craig and i just got myself a 1996 honda civic ek. just a 1.4i. all i have done so far is put on clear lense lights and a set of 16 inch team dynamics alloys, but they are getting changed over to some original 14 inch honda alloys within the next few days. car had 118k on the clock when i bought it for £700. so i thought it was a good deal, just got a new clutch put in it, gearbox and engine are fine running nicely, had timing belt and kit done, and putting a new middle section on the exhaust as well as a twin 3 inch zorst backbox.

my plans are to get a integra type r b16c engine for it. and do a all round brake conversion to big drilled and vented discs, am looking to get it lowered by about 50mm all round, get black window tints and am looking at getting it resprayed with a metallic black flake paint job. i think it will look pretty nice.

i have put in a 800watt mutant sub and amp with some rectangular vibe 600 watt 6x9's.

my overall plan is to make it a two seater and get the ice put into the back on a fibreglass surround. and remove the back seats and put in a full roll cage.

also when i get the engine i am looking to get a set of high lift road cams and a set of throttle bodies. but am having trouble finding some of these parts..

wondering if anyone knows a few good websites that stock throttle bodies and cams?

any help would be appreciated and i will be posting some picks to. this is my first honda and am looking to make it a nice ride.

before i had a 1998 mazda 323f just the 1.5i 16v but it was totalled when some1 ran a red light and t-boned into my drivers side. ( wasn't happy like)

so if anyone has good website please reply and i'll check them out.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: alright, new here just introducin

first things first... welcome to the forum

i'm guessing by the integra type r you mean the b18c5, unless you are wanting the jdm engine then its just b18c
as for your plans... those "high rise road cams" are called vtec, you have the low rpm lobes to keep the idle steady then the lobes that kick in with vtec at high rpms to increase that powerband... you really arent going to find any better cams than the ones suited for the engine, unless you plan on do some major engine overhauling. you could always turbo

you could always get individual throttle bodies... that would go right in with your full build and your high lift cams... but you are looking at $1700 (about 1200 euro) for that set up, not counting all the engine work, plus the stand alone ecu that you are going to need to get that tuned...
be warned that ^ is for expert modders, i would never try it haha, its almost a last resort after you spend about $15k on your engine, and you want a few more horsies out of her...

i guess it all depends on how much you want to spend... do your research on all your possibilities, there are plenty... you could always forget the b18 and go K20/24 hybrid FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah just research, you will find lots of good info here and other sites, lots of knowledgable people here, i am not one of them haha