New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

another civic fan...98 ex

Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
HCF Member
Default another civic fan...98 ex

Hey folks,
Man I love these forums.. so much info..

I bought a 98 ex coupe a few weeks ago.. the guy that owned it before me took good care of it in that he had it serviced at the dealer at regular intervals, however he was a slob and I'll be doing some cleaning for a while.

Put an AEM intake on it and in a few more days it will have a full pace setter cat back system and pace setter headers... also putting a magnoflow catalytic converter on it.. anyone used those before?

I was bummed to hear that DC Sports has gone under.

This is my second civic (had an 02 a few years ago) and I used to have a Del Sol (drove great, but hated the squeaky,leaky roof)... I eventually got rid of the del sol when the neighbors cat peed in it... rough times.

I work on cars a lot a know a good deal, but I'm not claiming to be a genius.

Anyway, enough rambling for now... let me know if you have ever used a magnaflow catalytic converter

-rcherr642z

Old 08-15-2008, 02:20 PM

ha, i have a del sol. used to leak, so i replaced the targa seals. $100.
I bought some Honda silicone grease for the seals, cleaned them and greased them up good, no more squeaky roof/rattle. Pretty easy fix.

i have a magnaflow catalytic converter. they're great. go for the direct-fit one (bolts right up without welding). you can find it on summitracing.com or partstrain.com for like $100

welcome to the forum