New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Another Civic Lover

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Default Another Civic Lover

what sup folks,

My name is mike, i have had my civic for about a year or so now.. sad to say, i didn't have any spare cash to make it turn heads.. another reason, i don't know what to do really since the options are unlimited yet a limited budget :P Ohh yea, it is a 2000 Civic EX. so Any suggestions would help!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Welcome! Is the car stock as is? What do you want to do with it? Make it faster, look better, or both?

PICS plz!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

the car is stock.. Nothing changed yet.. well maintenance of course, i did change the o2 sensor with my timing belt, water pump, Catalitic converter and a new distributor over the last 6 months.. the Car is without a doubt handles and drives Much better!!! and needless to say, now i am addicted to making it a bit( i really mean a good amount) better lol. i do plan on doing an engine swap to the b18c a bit down the line( depending on prices/installation.. etc). There is One draw back that it is automatic. to finish this rant.. I want it Faster and looking HOT( body kit, exhaust, spoiler, head lights and little personal touches). So any suggestions on where to start would be Great!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 PM

I know the forums has Soo Much info Already But.. I honestly don't know where to start! suspension, exterior, interior.. See, i like to do things that matter first Excluding ( motor swap and tranny swap since price isn't set yet. depends on the motor price and installation.) what should i do to increase that HP or faster pick up? strut bars(how many1-2), spark wires and plugs.. um that speed chip my friend been ranting to me about.. where is a Good Start is my question?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ma1986@gmail.com
I want it Faster and looking HOT( body kit, exhaust, spoiler, head lights and little personal touches). So any suggestions on where to start would be Great!
You plan on swapping to manual, or do you want to keep the auto trans?

AHHH!! Please, no body kit. A small OEM spoiler (or trunk lip), if any spoiler at all. As regards to headlights, I have always favored black housing (no halos).

**These suggestions are my opinions only. It is your car, you make it how you want it to look.**

Post up some pics when you can!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

Most people start with a intake, headers or exhuast which are probably the cheapest and easiest to do to increase HP

Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 PM

I know the forums has Soo Much info Already But.. I honestly don't know where to start! suspension, exterior, interior.. See, i like to do things that matter first Excluding ( motor swap and tranny swap since price isn't set yet. depends on the motor price and installation.) what should i do to increase that HP or faster pick up? strut bars(how many1-2), spark wires and plugs.. um that speed chip my friend been ranting to me about.. where is a Good Start is my question?
(You just posted this right before I clicked submit from the previous post. Now it looks like I am double posting... damn.)

If you plan on swapping the motor/trans, don't waste any money on the D series. If not, go right ahead and buy some stuff. I would start with an intake, its the first mod for many people. Then, start looking into a header, or exhaust kit. OEM spec spark plugs and wires should be fine and do not need to be replaced with "performance plugs and wires", unless you plan on making serious power with that car.

If you want to work on suspension, many buy strut bars as a first suspension mod as they are cheap. You can look into getting adjustable coilovers, or a nice spring and strut set up.

There is not much you can do with an interior, without making it look ricey. However, I would suggest to try and keep the interior as simple as possible (like all dark grey, black, or tan; depending on what color yours is).

Again, it all depends on your preferences. BTW, "SPEED" CHIP=FAIL refer to the following... https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=28997

Old 04-06-2009, 01:18 PM

It is gonna be manual just not soon.. i honestly don't have a good amount of money to put up front tranny work is about 700 the cheapest i could possibly imagine.. as for looks, if you search on ebay" 1999 2000 HONDA CIVIC LED BLACK PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS " I love that look. i wanna get teh car painted black. Just overload with ideas and really don't know where to start.. I hope you guys maybe Gals :P understand my frustration! As for a body kit, other than look it has no real use ? correct? i don't plan going over 120mph any time soon.. Too many points ont he license lol so that may be last or not at all

Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM

It is gonna be manual just not soon.. i honestly don't have a good amount of money to put up front tranny work is about 700 the cheapest i could possibly imagine.. as for looks, if you search on ebay" 1999 2000 HONDA CIVIC LED BLACK PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS " I love that look. i wanna get teh car painted black. Just overload with ideas and really don't know where to start.. I hope you guys maybe Gals :P understand my frustration! As for a body kit, other than look it has no real use ? correct? i don't plan going over 120mph any time soon.. Too many points ont he license lol so that may be last or not at all

Your goals will be determined by the amount of available money you have. Body kits serve no purpose whatsoever.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:26 PM

Seems that we both are on this forum at THIS SECOND... If it was your car, Your Goal is get Faster car(pick up etc) and make it look REAL nice.. you SPARE money is about 300-500(pushing it) a month what do you Start with? Ohh Maintenance as i mention is done... So where do YOU personally start?

Quick Reply: Another Civic Lover