New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Another New girl...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Default Another New girl...

Hey Everyone ... just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I live in ny (long island area) and I have a 99 civic ex, not much is done to it so far but I'm looking for new ideas? So far I've just made the car look pretty... had the car lowered (tokico springs and struts), tinted, DC strut tower bars, and colored rockblocker on my headlights ... not much I know but it's a work in progress and that's what I'm here for!
Thanks for readin my post!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Another New girl...

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Do some searching in the Your Ride section. Tons of ideas there.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:45 PM

Welcome from a fellow newby!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:08 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum! I have a 99 EX also. Mine's not lowered though [&:] You'll get plenty of ideas here!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some fellow east-coasters here. You want to make the car fast? Or just slick lookin?

Old 11-20-2005, 06:37 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 11-20-2005, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Everyone here seems really cool .... as for what I want to do with the car - I think maybe a little faster, nothing too much as I kinda drive too fast as it is - damn 5 speed always gets me in trouble! I'm working on makin the car look nice so it's more my own than just stock (rims are next) and hopefully add a little something under the hood so I can use it to get around all those idiots on the LIE! I actually have access to a lot of stuff ... my boyfriend owns his own shop and is a distributor for a whole bunch of crazy lines ... so once I look around here and get some more ideas... I'll order it up and than thank you all for the advice that led to it!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:34 PM
HCF Member

hey undergroundgirl, do they still have a heavy underground racing scene in new york?

I read that new york's scene was the actual inspiration for the fast and the furious.

I can't imagine racing on those tight new york streets in a million years, especially with all the construction work and potholes. lol.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:48 PM

Hi drbyers - I don't know so much about the whole underground racing scene ... they have a lot of car clubs out here but mostly you just read about them in the paper when they get killed going 120 and doing something stupid. I drive in the city a lot and I don't think i ever get over 40 mph lol... way to much traffic to even think about racing. As for the UndergroundGirl name... I run a shop called underground, so that's where I got it from - no crazy racing for me ... I no like hospitals lol

Old 11-20-2005, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

tint your windows...itd add an awesome look to it.

btw welcome to the forum

Quick Reply: Another New girl...