New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Default Another New Guy

Hi there, folks! My name is Greg and I live in Western Massachusetts. I just bought a left over '08 LX Automatic (Dark Blue) for my wife yesterday! We pick it up tonight and we are both very excited about it. This will be her first New car, ever. We purchased the car from Curry Honda in Chicopee, MA. after investing many hours searching. My wife was partial to a Toyota Corolla, but after I did my research, it was very clear that the Civic beats in Corolla in the "Fun To Drive" category, so I convinced her to get the Civic.
The car looks great and we have never owned a Honda car before. Being a motorcycle guy, I have owned many Honda bikes.
Upon completing the purchase, my wife surprised me by asking if she could get a "Wing", and she said that she had always wanted one. So, we sprung for the factory wing for another $680 (!). Oh well, nothing makes life as pleasant as a Happy Wife.
I will be on this forum watching for any maintenance pointers and performance upgrades (I just can't leave anything alone for long..).
GregP

Old 10-16-2008, 11:19 AM

glad you got a civic.. Is it a coupe or a sedan??

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Hey greg, welcome to the forum. I'm sure your wife would love some nice new rims to go with that 'wing', have fun with your new project.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:37 PM

Thank You for the welcome! The car is a sedan, sorry, I forgot to mention that...
I am new to the world of Civic's and I am just starting to figure out some of the terminology affiliated with them. By the looks of things here, I have a generation 7 (?), and the engine designation is 1.7L USDM, so far...so if anybody could help me with getting me up to speed in terms of these things I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank You!

Last edited by gregp; 10-16-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
HCF Member

good choice on choosing the civic and not the corolla. civic like you said are funner to drive. like evelution said maybe should would want some new rims and a drop. lol

Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

Civic is way better then corolla, there better drivers. oh yea Welcome

Old 10-17-2008, 03:10 AM

So far, things are not off to a good start. My wife drove the car home last night and everything was fine. The car drove well and was quite peppy. After she pulled into the driveway, we both walked around the car admiring it, and she asked me if I would like to take it for a drive. Of course I would! I opened up the passenger door and as she was about to get in she said "Hey...there is something wrong right here..." pointing to the plastic trim by the seat belt where it attaches to the door column....."it isn't snapped in right or something..." Sure enough, the plastic trim piece was installed *over* the rubber sealing strip in about an 8" section. For the rest of the piece, the plastic piece tucks under the rubber strip. This misalignment does not allow the plastic piece to "snap" in place correctly and the rubber weatherstrip looks to be permanently deformed by the forced assembly of the parts.
This seems like a small issue at face value, but it is a new car, and it is a Honda. So, I will contact the dealership today and try to get it taken care of as soon as possible. I hate to let these things go as it will never get done, and I will have to listen about it for the rest of my life!
I will let you now how things turn out.
GregP

Old 10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Snail'n Admin

Yea, that would be covered under warranty. Your best bet is to contact the salesman you dealt with

Old 10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

Saying its new, that should be covered. Plus isnt that major so the dealer wont try to find a way to void the warranty.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:33 AM

i drove it in to the dealership this morning and the salesman took care of me immediately. He grabbed a service technician right away and we all went out to see the problem. The tech said that he had just purchased a Civic himself, so he was very interested to see what the problem was. I opened the door and the salesman and the tech could see the problem immediately. The tech said "Oh, that's no problem.." and he just pulled the rubber weather strip off for a couple of feet to allow him to unsnap the panel and re-snap it back into place correctly. He then firmly pushed the weather strip back on and I was good to go.
I was happy that they did not make me wait in the waiting room at all, and they took care of me immediately. I don't think that the people waiting liked it so much, though...
Anyway, Kudo's to Curry Honda for that!
Now, on with the Civic....

Quick Reply: Another New Guy