New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

another newbie with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Default another newbie with some questions

Hey all. New to the site, and new to (working on) civics. I've had my 96 dx for about 3 years, and i love it, but it's stock and kinda lacks in tha ***** department. my first actual engine mod was probably what everyone else does first, a cold air intake. next i'm gonna do the exhaust, but i want my car to actually go fast, not just sound loud. any advice on what my next project should be? there's some good junkyards around here, so i can get a lot of parts pretty cheap. i was told to throw some integra headers and intake manifold on there, but if anyone has some insight, i'd love to hear it!

later, and thanks in advance

Old 09-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Default RE: another newbie with some questions

Oh yeah, that's header, singular

Old 09-09-2006, 08:03 PM

WELCOME! well if u have the ***** to do it and want ur car to have some *****, look around the junk yards for beefier engines! but if ur looking to just go with bolt ons, i'd get a good header and exhaust. im not sure but i dont think an integra header will fit the ex, even if it does, u prolly wont notice much of a power difference...but thats only my guess..

Old 09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

it depends on how much money you have to spend and how much horsepower gain you would like. there are many options and civic said a beefier engine. this is what i did, i found a more powerful engine and i am about ready to turbo it as well. you can choose to stick with the engine you have now and turbo it. but before you take on these projects, i would read up and ask a lot of quetsions on what you want to do.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:50 AM

I definately want to do an engine swap when i get a little more money up. i just ordered a header off of ebay, got it pretty cheap. just gonna slap that on for the time being, and get thicker exhaust pipes and a hi flow cat. I want an engine that i can eventually turbo to get it around 250-300hp. I'll be doing the swap myself, so i definitely want one that will be an easy swap. any suggestions?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

I heard the enginess from accords(h22) are very good at making high horsepower, but they are pretty expensive. There are also the engines from integras that are very good, and engines from civic si. Just so many possibilities, you can learn more from the engine section on this forum.