New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Back Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:16 AM

just some more pics:

the boot at night

the civic with my housemates subie with a wrx engine swap

and i dont care how impractical nor how much hassle the 18" wheels are, they are effin awesome. haha i gotta put some pics up of them. they are sex spec.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 AM
HCF Member

i dig the ram/cow bar on the suba good luck driving that and not tearing up that fiberglass front bumper, i have friends there and the roads are not the kindest. i wouldnt worry about the weight of the wheels i dont think you will be drag racing this thing especially with 18's, keep us posted with pix i love a good project

Old 09-01-2010, 06:29 AM
HCF Member

I hate pimp my ride setups, 17s can be pulled off..... 18's are just..... yuk.

"BETTER NOT BE BIGGER THAN 16s"

Who am I? Get what you want, no matter how dumb they look.

The side skirts seem extremely...... weird?

Do you feel that they flow with the car? At all? Serious question, I'm not trying to bash you.

edit: Just realized you lost sides and rear, thats great.

If you would shave the two inner fog light holes, the front would look better.

---

Is this supposed to be some kind of show car?

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 09-01-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:58 AM

Thanks Link. Appreciate it. We call them bullbars or roobars over here. Ive been using the same fibreglass bar for about 4 years now and I havnt had any problems. And my car is DEF not a drag racer.

Nike, I remember why I didnt last so long on HFC the first time, and I dont care if I get kicked because if I do, its not a community I want to be a part of anyway. Saying "Im not trying to bash you" does not mean you're not bashing me.
The rules and regulations are different over here. There are strict restrictions on performance parts in Aus, and as a result, the industry has tended towards 'Low and slow". The focus is on building unique and individual cars instead of fast cars, Head turners instead of street racers. Here, 18s are minimal, 20s are normal and 22s are king.

Im not building my car to appease you, I am building it for me. If you cant appreciate the time and effort (and money) that goes into building a vehicle of high craftsmanship, then I think your missing the point. If I wanted my car to be like yours, I wouldnt have bothered doing my car. If I wanted to go fast, I wouldnt just put 16s on my car, Id buy a car that was actually fast.

Yea, I heard you: "Better not be bigger than 16s", Theyre 18s, Id go bigger if they would fit. "Just realized you lost sides and rear, thats great" Dont worry, Im ordering new ones soon "If you would shave the two inner fog light holes, the front would look better" I think it looks fine how it is, thanks anyway. "Is this supposed to be some kind of show car?" No, Its meant to be a hot daily driver. Nothing about it indicates its meant to be a 'show car'. "Who am I? Get what you want, no matter how dumb they look" My wheels cost more than your whole car did, and Im proud of them. They look awesome, and I dont give a damn who you are.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

I don't even like 16's I was talking about kingdakota, he posts it 2 times in every thread mentioning rims.

And smaller wheels aren't for performance to me, just look better.... in every single way. I was 16 at one point too buddy, settle down, its the Internet. Most people wont like your car outside high school's and car domain..... You may not even ever grow out of it. In absolutely no way does this car look unique to me, sorry.... A stock civic is more unique than a civic with 18's and a body kit. Thats what ever 16 year old kid does with their cars.

Yes, it is different from what most people do online, where there is a respect for the car they own and the body lines they have... but in my town I have seen maybe 2 cleanly modified cars, and tons of cars EXACTLY like yours.

--

This will be my last post "hating" on your car. Welcome back to the site man. Check out cardomain.com

Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 AM
HCF Member

suicide rear doors
chop top the roof, lower it by 6inch or so. (please dont kill me)
Interested in seeing this. This can def make this thread worth reading..... Hope your a short dude though, cutting 6 inches off haha