New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Black - 2008 Honda Civic LX (Coupe)

Old 12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Default Black - 2008 Honda Civic LX (Coupe)

Hello,

I just recently bought a 2008 Honda Civic LX (Coupe) last week and I love it. Smooth ride, GREAT gas mileage (I have had the car for a week and driven it everyday and i'm not even halfway through my tank) and an overall great car. I'm looking to do a few minor customizations to the car in the next month or so (Just some rims and window tint) but other then that i'll keep it pretty simple until I break the car in a bit. I came across the website when looking to get involved with other Civic drivers about finding more about my car, ETC. Glad to be here and a great informational website.

See everyone around,

- Rob

Old 12-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Black - 2008 Honda Civic LX (Coupe)

welcome to the site man. got any pics? and do you know what are you planning on doing?

Old 12-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Thanks. I don't have any pictures at the moment but I hope to take some tomorrow after I wash it for the first time. I plan on purchasing these Borbet Type XL (17 inch) rims that look great on my Civic when you look at how they look on Tirerack when you view them on the car. And I also plan on getting window tint as well. Other modifications I am unsure about at the moment but i'm open to suggestions.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM

looks sweet. look into getting an intake im thinking the K&N typhoon series should fit. ive got that on my car, and i dont see much difference between the 07 and 08 models, and somebody said there engine bay looks just like mine. then id look into getting an exhaust, cant do much cuz of warranty issues. is it manual or automatic? i get better gas mileage with the intake in, so thats good with gas prices haha.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:40 PM

I hear ya on the warranty part, i'm obviously in the same situation lol. I drive an automatic although I wanted to get a manual transmission but the traffic down here that I drive in on a daily basis is like nothing you've ever seen (trust me). So instead of changing gears every 5-10 seconds, I figured automatic would be a little less painful. I also figured if I were to sell the car for some reason the re-sell value on the car would be more significant then a stick shift. And if I really wanted and I had the money i'm sure I could spend the money to convert it into manual but automatic is good for me for now

Old 12-22-2007, 06:04 PM

edit: nvm got EX not LX

Old 12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the Forum

the pictures are mustttttttttttt

Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you. I got a black lx stick in january. Can't do much cuz I don't want to void the warranty. But I'm gonna do some light moding soon. As soon as I get some extra cash to do it. You guys can pretend my picture is his car. I bet it's the same right now.

see you on the site.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

I would also get some coilovers and drop your car when you get the rims. Intake and exhaust dont void your warrenty.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 AM
HCF Member

question on the 8th gen civic coupe. i'm about to sell my 7th gen in exchange for an 8th gen coupe and planning to put aftermarket wheels too. but what happens to the TPMS?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black - 2008 Honda Civic LX (Coupe)