New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Bought the Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Default Bought the Civic

My wife and I purchased a 2005 Honda Civic EX. It is so nice. I love the sunroof, first one ive had in a car. We dont plan on doing many modifications to it maybe just the simple engine work such as throttle cable adjustment if we find it necessary. I will probably change to some new performance plugs if there are any recommended for the 1.7L vtec. I will also switch to full synthetic(engine, tranny) and maybe do an exaust from headers back eventually, I really do not like the loud buzz that a lot of the Hondas make so I need something tha adds some Horses and also stays quiet maybe a soft tone to it. My wife drive it daily and I am not good with the maual yet but so fa it seems to be an awesome performer. I will take some pictures of it soon and post them on here. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning how to get a little extra performance out of a nice car.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Bought the Civic

Hey welcome to the forum and i hope you become a regular i really hate it when new guys or gals come on here and stay for 2 posts but anyway. Yeah i know what you mean about the mufflers that alot of hondas have. a real popular performance muffler is called a Greddy EVO2 exhuast i think it is guys? Its a performance muffler but its a quieter muffler. Good choice going to Honda! It's good that your not wanting to do too many mods to it becuase 2000+ models of honda don't really have alot of mods for them but they do have exhuasts so your in luck. lol. Have fun on HCF!