New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

brand new dream addition may come true

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Default brand new dream addition may come true

So I'm very new. First, how do I get to a level where I can post on other forum groups? I want to... I need to, because I need real help my mentor and problem solver is in jail for the next 10 months and when he gets out I really need to surprise him with what I've done on my own.
I've got a 94dx with a 5spd. (pictures soon, not my internet connection and I need to plan ahead...) So this girl I know who was an old friend of mine years ago, she had a 95ish integra ls that I can get off her, less cat, wheels and tires for 150. So My dx has d15b7.
so the acura is ls and I understand that engine is a b18b1. dohc? I know I'm getting the car. I'm ripping that engine out. I can do the pull. What Do I need to do to get it in my car?
My biggest questions are: ... note, I don't have an exact year on the car. I work at a gas station/garage and she just comes in a lot and I need to talk to her father about the details. I was just happy she still had it... (auto tyranny went)
1.! is it too much trouble to bother? I don't have much money and Without much modification will it fit: ie. I haven't looked at it, does the engine go the opposite way mine? -that'll be the dumbest one. hey it's the little things, right?

2. After that last hum-dinger, will my original engine mounts work or what will I have to do there?

3. What about the wiring harness? It I have to swap them, what should I expect? if it is 96 or newer, will I have to swap the computer too?

4. Will the larger engine need the fuel pump out of the integra... pretty sure the tanks are the same...

5. is the alternator different? The One on the 1.8 is dead. are they the same? can I swap the pulleys?

8. Now here's a breaker: will my 94 dx tranny match up? I know it's a garbage tranny and yada yada yada, but It's one thing at a time when it falls in my lap type thing... I just want to know the truth from people that know, who have done this sort of thing, before I attempt to use common sense and dive in and not have a car for the spring/summer.

9. so since I have the whole thing apart, I'm going to put a new clutch in, or should I find a new tranny (I am close friends with a towing/repo place that give me deals of the century) Part prices aren't that bad for me, I work at a garage, so I get wholesale. But The real problem is, I've helped pull engines, under many different circumstances(never illegal) but fast and had them running in 10 hours... rambling...

I just need some outside advise, because my bosses will just tell me to f**k off and I don't need to go any faster... that sort of thing.
I'm not running and jumping into this thing right away, but I am starting my research here and really need to understand what I am getting into. I want to find out what i can do myself; if i can do it all myself, or if I need to wait 7 months for some genius with none of the answers bet the strange ability to figure sh*t out like this with only a guess for a few hundred bucks.

sorry this is so long. I will greatly appreciate any info help and even dissuasion you can give me. Once I get the car, there will be more of these long winded posts, so if you like em, stay tuned!

-------------- 94civicworkingprogress.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM

I'll try to answer as many questions as possible, but boy, you sure did cram a lot of questions into one post!

-You should be able to post anywhere, except for the classified sections, and the DIY sections.
-b18b1 is DOHC, yes.

1. The motor does not face "the opposite way". Those are K series for the most part. You are looking at a B series.

2. No, your original mounts will not work.

3. You should be fine without the wiring harness. Not everything will fit 100%, some wires will need to be cut and lengthened, too. Find out what year the car is, that wayy ou can then find out what OBD it is (it's either OBD1, OBD2a, or OBD2b). You are currently OBD1 (your Civic). It would be easier if the Integra was OBD1, too.

4. Your stock fuel pump can support a lot of power to be honest. You would only need an upgraded one if you were going to boost, or you have a pretty beastly N/A set-up.

5. I do not think you can swap out alternators...someone may need to clarify that for us.

You jumped from question #5 to #8 even though #5 was a three-part question. That's besides the point though.

8. Your trans will not work. D series trans will not mate to a B series motor.

9. Didn't you say the teggy was automatic? You will need to buy a b series manual trans./clutch/flywheel/shift linkage.

Overall, I would pass on it since it's an auto. It would work, but you would end up spending more money than you need to. I believe you would need an intake manifold from a manual B18, too. You also need to research some more about B series swaps, there's TONS of information on it.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Default thank you cvccr99

Thanks for the info. That is a lot more good news than i expected. I am getting the whole car for $150, so there are other things I can ****** up too. The tranny is an upset, but I am in good with the tow companies in the area... real good. I get wholesale parts and a full garage. I was more worries about wiring and such... will the mounts out of the acura fit, or will i have to get aftermarket?

I gotta go for a bit, be back in a few hours.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 AM

You should be able to post everywhere but the classifieds until you have 25 posts. Then you can post anywhere.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 94civicworkingprogress
I was more worries about wiring and such... will the mounts out of the acura fit, or will i have to get aftermarket?
Wiring shouldnt be that bad. A couple things here and there, but as with all major changes, there will be kinks to work out.

I do not believe the mounts from the Acura will work in your car.