New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Can anyone tell me if this is built right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Default Can anyone tell me if this is built right?

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/2239636347.html

Im thinking of trading my 2001 7.3 + cash from this guy for this car. I like some imports and one with 500+ HP would be sweet, but I am not sure about it. What do you all think?

hello i have a 97 civic that is insainly fast comes with all the paper work 5 page list of mods, dyno charts from tpr in ohio, the car is the fastest import i have ever been around, smokes the tires off at 100mph when you build boost its insane. it was built in 09 by tpr and only have 3k miles on the build the car has never been to the track it was set up to be a sleeper and to run pump gas it pushes over 500 on race gas. i would put all of the mods on here but it would honestly take days the best thing to do if you are interested in the car is to come look at it and i will take you for a ride and after you **** your pants you will buy it. i am interested in a few different things but dont offer me any less for the car i am very firm on the price i have wayy more than that in the motor. shoot me a text or call me at 260-273-1885 thanks. and all trades must be worth 10,000 or i will need cash to make up the difference . ps pictures suck they were taken from my phone
( the car has boost by gear 1-2 is 15lbs, 3-5 is 22lbs car is a 5 SPEED
small list of mods to give you an idea:
TAGS: civic, boosted, trade, cummins, turbo, sti,evo,ws6,ls1,ls2,wrx,powerstroke,duramax,busa,g sxr,zx10,cbr,honda
engine- tpr stage 3 turbo short block
rs machines sleeved b20z2 1085334
modified eagle rods crs5394a3d
cp pestons sc7022
tpr blue printed & competition assembly
cometic head gasket .030
apr 3/8 head stud kit
tpr vtec conversion kit
genuine honda oil pump w/ tpr modified shimmed spring to tpr specs
genuine honda 22t water pump
genuine honda thermostat
genuine honda coolant tube o rings
genuine honda oil pump pick up
genuine honda oil pan gasket
pr3
milled for straightness
genuine honda valve seals
3 angle valve job
back cut valves
blended valve seats
supertech black nitrated intake valves 33x5.48x102.5mm/ss/blk.nitrided/stk.sze
supertech black nitrated exhaust valves
supertech valve springs
coil bind 18.5
max net lift 15.5mm
outer spring :30.2mm od/22.2mm id
seat press: 85lbs @33.5mm
max net lift 15mm
seat press 78lbs@34.0mm
inner spring 22.2mm od /16.8id
open lift press 234lbs @12.5mm
rate 12.5lbs /mm
crower chromoly retainers
tpr billet cam seal

trans: jdm y21 1034002
trp hybrid competition clutch stage 4 pad ceramic sprung with xxpkate 8026-1420
earls stainless braided clutch line kit

fuel system :
rc 750cc fuel injectors (saturated)
single walbro fuel pump
single wa'lbro fuel pump strainer
mashall liquid filled pressure gauge

cooling: tpr dual core radiator (koyo style)

turbo kit : peak boostt3 ramhorn manifold
garrett t3 57trim turbo
tpr 3" down pipe
1.5" dump tube
tial 38mm wastegate
peakboost polished aluminum intercooler kit
tial 50mm blow off valve

Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

so he's never taken it to the track, but he knows what it does when it gets to over 100 miles per hour? I'd say its pretty safe to say that the car has probably been beat to hell.

sounds like a pretty stout b series build. Do you know much about cars? Or turbo'd cars for that matter? If it were me, and I didn't know much about turbo'd cars and their upkeep, I probably wouldn't buy it.

I don't know what it is about this guy's listing, but I really don't trust him.

ps- also, remember that he says it has 500hp ON RACE GAS. meaning that if it will even run on pump gas,(which it probably wont, I'm not sure though) it will have substantially less power...

Last edited by Shandles; 03-03-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Shandles
so he's never taken it to the track, but he knows what it does when it gets to over 100 miles per hour? I'd say its pretty safe to say that the car has probably been beat to hell.

sounds like a pretty stout b series build. Do you know much about cars? Or turbo'd cars for that matter? If it were me, and I didn't know much about turbo'd cars and their upkeep, I probably wouldn't buy it.

I don't know what it is about this guy's listing, but I really don't trust him.

ps- also, remember that he says it has 500hp ON RACE GAS. meaning that if it will even run on pump gas,(which it probably wont, I'm not sure though) it will have substantially less power...
i don't think he is going to deal, but I have a 7.3 Ford I was going to trade + I wanted cash from him. He has yet to email me back.

I know a decent amount about car and know more about older cars, but this seem pretty sweet to play with until I get my shop done. I mainly would just like to smoked my friends GTO lol

Thats why I posted it on here because he did seem kind of weird in spots so I dunno