New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Cant Figure Out Difference ???

Old 05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Default Cant Figure Out Difference ???

So Ive read and read and read some more and cant find the difference between 01-03 04-05 (NON SI) civic coupe theirs the obvious gauge change but what of the body and motor? im lookin at doin mods such as tailights, exhaust, cold air, eventually a full k20a2 swap but thats gonna be a while... a year or 2 have to pay off the car... what i really wannna know is if i buy a part for the ex body(taillights) will it fit my Lx? their doesnt really seem to be a difference in body but lights im lookin at are $160.. that would be an expensive mistake. thanks for your time in my noobness

Old 05-23-2008, 01:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cant Figure Out Difference ???

All you need to worry about is the year, and body style, wether its EX or LX it doesnt matter, thats just a difference in options, nothing to do with body style.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM

1st thing for you to think about is..will I like the mods myself...after all you have to live with it..not someone else here in the forum..Go for what You Like

WheelBroker [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-23-2008, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

Yes, tails for any 7th generation COUPE should work, regardless of the trim options... Just make sure you're not buying tails for a sedan.

I need to get some 04-05 OEM tails. So much nicer than the 01-03.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Wheelbroker

1st thing for you to think about is..will I like the mods myself...after all you have to live with it..not someone else here in the forum..Go for what You Like

WheelBroker [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
I'm pretty sure he is just asking what years are compatible with what models, trim levels, etc.
not opinions on mods
as his post said:
"what i really wannna know is if i buy a part for the ex body(taillights) will it fit my Lx?"

Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Thx for the info.. im new to the forum hope to do lots more posting and soon have more pics avaliable =)

Old 05-24-2008, 05:08 AM
HCF Member

It didn't click until now that you've got an '04.... What tail lights are you planning on getting? Normally I would say not to change 'em out, but in this case I'm going to encourage it, and also encourage you to sell me your OEM tails!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:17 AM

Heres What i was lookin at. and im not sure if ill sell my oem or not??

[IMG]local://upfiles/31388/D6E03E25ABAA4C7A913C4D74E639D80D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-24-2008, 08:11 AM
HCF Member

Those are stock '04-05 tails which somebody has smoked. You could save yourself a wad of cash by picking up a can of NightShades, some masking tape, some sandpaper and clearcoat and doing it yourself. Looks nice, though.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PirateX

Those are stock '04-05 tails which somebody has smoked. You could save yourself a wad of cash by picking up a can of NightShades, some masking tape, some sandpaper and clearcoat and doing it yourself. Looks nice, though.
Ugh
DO NOT spray that on your tailights or head lights
As soon as you get pulled over for it, which is very likely
Or as soon as you cannot pass state inspection, also likely
Or as soon as you see it and hate it, or mess up and make it darker on one part that the other
you will have to go out and buy yourself SOME NEW LIGHTS!!
not the cheapest items either.
You can't just takethat crap off.
If anything, just get flim that you can apply and remove without have to pay out the a$s for it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cant Figure Out Difference ???