New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Check out my new Civic...lots 2 do!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Check out my new Civic...lots 2 do!

Drop the neon idea. Just go ebay catback, 17 rims(packaged w/ tires) and springs.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM

Thanks a lot fellas!! Love the input..I think I will go for 17s, and a 40mm drop.

Today i fitted a cold air intake! NIce new egnine tone and a little bit more power....ordered it from USA! Came London within a week(!)

I've fitted the blue neons under the footwells....just need to sort the power out - it already comes with an inverter - do you still think it would be unsafe so splice into the cigerette lighter power? Any links to a site (UK preferably) that sell cigerette lighter plugs with +/- wire input - I tried the fuse idea todayot ....tried to use the 12A fuse fromthe dimmers....but did not get power cuz I did not no where to put the ground (-) wire??

I just got a SOny CDX-GT300 - its nice - aux out for the zen micro and 8 band spectrum analyzer - i like!

Any of you guys got ideas about ECU piggy backs? The cheap transistor sort...does it just use more fuel? maybe it would work well with the cold air intake...

Speaking of air intake....I can't find anywhere to fit the long ram pipe....who knows the optimalpoint in civic engine chamber for air? At the mo its short ram....in this open space which seems cool (perhaps I can get a bonnet scoop here?)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

This will be the only forum I ever use so much! I love cars! n i love civics!

Old 02-10-2006, 04:25 PM

Don't go into the cigarette lighter, go either directly to the battery and drop an inline fuse in there, or go to the ignition wire.

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Old 02-11-2006, 06:39 AM

I think going directly to the battery is best, but I can't find a route to the battery.....anybody know? Theres a part behind the glove copartmenet, near feat area, where all the wires seem to be going...but there's some solid rubbery stuff there which I think I have to remove, but cannot. If I push it out it will probably leaves gaps - i.ee no more weather proofing etc....ideas?