New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Complete and Utter Newbie with Car Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Default RE: Complete and Utter Newbie with Car Problems

I agree, i felt kinda stupid to think it until someone mentioned it, deffinatly check the alignment, and as for the shaking....ballance of the tires if its not the alignment....thats about when wheels that havent been ballanced right get stupid.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
HCF Member

you could out of alighnment, you could have a sticking caliper but then you would notice a difference b/c you would have no pads left. you could have a broken strut, you could a stuck shock, but you would notic a lean on your car when walking up to it. tire pressure can do it. but the acceleration problem could just mean that you have bad fuel or clogged injectors. i would reccomend going to wally world and buying one of those fuel additives.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:07 AM

There's definitely no lean to my car and I have no problems turning- the car just veers to the right. I'll definitely check the tires again, but right now the alignment seems to be the most possible issue. Again, does anyone know what the stock tire pressure supposed to be?

Thanks again for all your responses.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:59 AM

Itll say on the inside of the door jam on the little white sticker what the fronts and rears are supposed to be

Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

32 psi

Old 05-03-2006, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TeamExodusPres

Itll say on the inside of the door jam on the little white sticker what the fronts and rears are supposed to be
ORIGINAL: 94civicus

32 psi
Thank you!

Old 05-03-2006, 06:26 PM

hey i have an 02 civic and i had the same problem... take it to a shop and have an alignment done and that souldnt run you more than 60 bucks but it will fix the problem

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/688486

Old 05-03-2006, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

Was gonna say alignment, but I think that maybe someone beat me to it. My olds had that problem.

And from one girl to another- Yo.

And Noir rawks, if your name is refering to the series... if you're not, then I suck

Old 05-03-2006, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

Was gonna say alignment, but I think that maybe someone beat me to it. My olds had that problem.

And from one girl to another- Yo.

And Noir rawks, if your name is refering to the series... if you're not, then I suck
^_^ Yay! Another girl! Hihi!

And if you mean, NOIR the anime, then yes, my name does refer to it. It's one of the first that I got into. You rock for know it! ^_^

Old 05-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Stinky Administrator

ive seen noir too i liked it i'm a big dragonballz fan my self but i like a lot of anime did you have any luck getting your car fixed???

Quick Reply: Complete and Utter Newbie with Car Problems