New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

A few questions about looking for the right civic si(updated)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Default A few questions about looking for the right civic si(updated)

So the first one i looked at was exactly how i wanted it, mechanically completely stock(at least it seems, and so im told, you cant always believe a dealer) and was in good shape, although the mileage was a bit over what it should be, i dont see how it couldnt be freeway miles, and whats it gonna do to a civic anyways, its got another 100k miles in it left. Anyways, my biggest question is, It is a '99 civic SI, now i really have no idea what the different models come with and all, but when i looked at the engine it did not have the V-tec/DOHC logo on it, or those black things that cover the sides of the engine that the logos are usually on (i dont know anything about engines, this is just a car that i seem to like), i was wondering if this is normal and im not getting a car with a low end engine and not the real thing? please help

also, would i be better off getting an Integra GSR?

Which one should i go with? the first one is the only one i looked at so far, it had a humming noise (possibly a belt) so ive been putting off making an offer.

car 1

car 2

car 3

car 4

car 5

Old 12-25-2005, 12:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: A few questions about looking for the right civic si

That is a B16A2 and has the most power of any U.S. sold civic in those years. It has on a number of times been placed in the top 25 of most important sports cars in history.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:48 PM

so it could possibly be a good choice to get this car?

Im also looking at a 97 Prelude which is in perfect condition and has an even better engine, although insurance should be quite a substantial amount higher, and a 2000 civic SI (that is for sale for 4000$, i called the guy to see what was wrong with it and she said hed call me back, hasnt yet)

Old 12-25-2005, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum!! [sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif]

Old 12-25-2005, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

a 00 SI is a better allaround car than the prelude IMO. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the end.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:23 AM

im not looking for anything too serious, i want a good reliable car (honda) that has a bit of punch, but completely stock. Its been a bitch trying to find a suitable civic SI or Prelude that hasnt been modded up and ****, thats not what i want on a car, i want it to be clean of all of that, the only money ill put into my car is a stereo system

Old 12-26-2005, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: md420

a 00 SI is a better allaround car than the prelude IMO. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the end.
why do you think this?

Old 12-26-2005, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum! i have a 99 si and i love the car. you will have a very hard time trying to find a stock one though

Old 12-26-2005, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: clem kevin

why do you think this?
lighter, more aftermarket support, retail value holds better or them.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: clem kevin

why do you think this?
lighter, more aftermarket support, retail value holds better or them.
i actually have noticed this and im quite surprised, it seems the prelude is a much nicer car but youre really right about that

Quick Reply: A few questions about looking for the right civic si(updated)