New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Finally got a Civic (91 Hatchback standard)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Default Finally got a Civic (91 Hatchback standard)

The search is over. After about 2 months of searching for a fuel effcient vehicle I stumbled a 91 Civ Hatchback 4 speed. This girl wanted 800 for it but after I got out there we settled for 600. It has a new engine with 128,000 miles. The chick said it could be an SI motor cause her mechanic pulled it out of another Civ (how can i tell?) Overall the body is in fair cond. The hood is going to need replaced and the winshield too. The bottom part is cracked although still driveable. The rest of the body is alright, with just a little rust. Hey, for 600 bucks I wasn't expecting a mint vehicle. The car is mechanically sound. Oh yah, and she has these gay *** NOS seat covers,floor mats, and steering wheel cover. ahahahahhaha

The first challenge was learning to drive a stick. I had a CBR600 so using a clutch wasn't completely forgien to me. So my buddy took me to a big *** parking lot and I just got behind the wheel and drove. Took it on the streets late at night and drove some more. Gas gauge barely freakin moved after all that drving!!!

Took it to a buddy of mines job (he pulls security at a car dealership) and did an oil and air filter change as well as topping off the fluids and high pressure washing it. I'm changing the spark plugs today.

So I don't know what the next step is..I'm obviously not going to dump a ton of dough into this ride. The purpose of getting it was to save me money. But if there are some cheap bolt on modifactions i can make to this car to get better performance or fuel economy i would be willing to listen to what you guys had to say.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Default RE: Finally got a Civic (91 Hatchback standard)

to find out what engine it is look to the left of the exhaust manifold on the block about 1/3 of the way down and it is on a 1x1 square. an si engine is a d16a6, and a dx is d15b2. the a6 is better, but if it is not multi point fuel injection (4 injectors) you won't get the si performance.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum. i am a huge 4th generation civic fan and i have 2 at the moment so feel free to post up any questions you have.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:08 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

sweet 600 bucks for a hatch....i would love to find a hatch for that cheap

the nos seats and floor mats get you an added 50 hp, i would leave those suckers in

but congrats on learning how to drive a stick and welcome to the family

Old 04-17-2006, 04:30 PM

yah thanks guys. i'm debating on weather or not to flip this and get a nicer CIV but I'm just concerned on how much I could get on a resale and if I could even find a decent CiV for the price.

we'll see. I'll check on the engine and get back to you guys. i'll probably have pics here in a little while also.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Stinky Administrator

cool man i love the 91 hatches and welcome

Old 04-17-2006, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum "The Man" and great find on your civic! i also have a 4th Gen civic (i think) and i love it to bits! (considering i bought the car have modded) for only £500 (i live in the UK) only problem is that it drinks too much petrol considering its a vtec engine and i don't even know what type of engine it is a b16 or something. How do i find out?

I would have pics but i can't be bothered to edit the pics 128x128 and post them up or is there another way?