New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

First post---

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Default First post---

Hello everyone,

I heard from this website by simply looking for answers to my questions about my vehicle. I have a 2005 Honda Civic LX and I have been attempting to increase its performance. I have only owned it 6months'ish and have put CAI, headers/downpipe/cat-back on. This is my first honda and I plan on having it for awhile. Also, I am not a mechanic and obviously not an expert or being a member here wouldn't be necessary. So, before I attempt to get more questions answered, I just wanted to say thanks for everyones help.

Basically, I have the same question(s) that many other members have, but Im a noob, cmon! lol

I've read that platinum/iridium spark plugs don't really increase horsepower and underdrive pulley kits aren't very friendly to the engine. I'm pretty sure NOS is out of the question for me.
I'm not looking spend thousands, with turbos and ect... but I have been looking into chipping. Specifically e-manage systems. From what I hear, I have an OBDll system and if I wish to chip, then conversion to OBDl is necessary. Any and all suggestions welcome on any performance parts I should look into and also this chipping topic. Thanks again.

05 civic lx
CAI
Headers / Downpipe / Cat-Back
17' ADR w/ Cooper R40 low-pro

Old 07-02-2006, 06:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: First post---

What header did you get? Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum!..check out the performance part and ECU part of the forum, theres been lots of threads on chips, or post it up, you will probably get more of a reply there

Old 07-02-2006, 08:05 PM

I purchased Megan Racing Headers, downpipe, and cat-back.

I've been looking at the ECU chip forums for quite some time and getting some valuable information but I'm just curious concerning my specific vehicle because the only thing I problably do know about chipping is that when attempting to do it, it is different for every vehicle.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Did you do the Ex conversion? Cuz MR doesnt make headers for the lx do they?

Old 07-02-2006, 08:13 PM

The EX version fit. I purchased the downpipe and cat-back for it to fit smoothly.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sparksc

The EX version fit. I purchased the downpipe and cat-back for it to fit smoothly.
I see, how far did you have to extend the o2 sensor wiring? Sorry for all the questions but im kinda curious how this works.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:25 PM

No problem at all. I appriciate the help or curiousness.
I actually had a problem with the o2 sensor because my specific system doesnt have a cat converter. So, I ordered an o2 simulator and problem solved.

Do you have any suggestions on any items I could purchase/add on to increase hp and/or torque?

Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sparksc
Do you have any suggestions on any items I could purchase/add on to increase hp and/or torque?
Well, with the d17, you wont get much HP going the N/A root. If you want lots of power, your best choice's are forced induction, or a k swap.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
HCF Member

I got the 04 Lx and I am saving up for the k20 swap... we get screwed in the engine for the lx's so for me I will improve the exterior and interior, but drop the cash for a whole new engine/tranny. I have the specs on everything i want and all I gotta do is save up... K20a block, headers, turbo, 6spd trans, pulley... im telling you, it is gonna destroy anything.