New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Got my wifes '94 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Default Got my wifes '94 EX

My wife is pregnant with our first (my second, havea 12yr oldfrom 1st marrage) andwill needmore room than her Civic can gave her. So the trade was made, she got my '01 Jeep Cherokee, which is also in better shape, and I got the Civic.[sm=helpout.gif]She really needs the more reliable vehicle. I know Honda has a pretty good rep, but I havespent hundreds of hoursdoing repairs over the 9 years we have had it. Most in the last 4-5 years. I'm not new to posting on forums, I have over 3000 posts on another site focusing on '67-'72 Ford trucks, which is myreal love. So, as you can tell, I'm a little out of place in this little car.

Anyway, I hope to gain a little knowlege about my new "ride". Unfortunatly I'll be absorbing more info more than contributing, but I'll chime in when I can.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Got my wifes '94 EX

what are you looking at doing with the car? better gas mileage? performance? grocery getter?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

welceom to HCF, like Rice said, are you looking to modify the Civic at all?

Old 04-26-2007, 10:11 AM

Depends how much I end up liking it. I have a set of 15's that she used to have on the car, until she blew a tire on a pot hole.Name:  doh.gif
Views: 13
Size:  680 Bytes
I'd like to get them back on. I also plan on repainting my '71 F100 so I may paint the Civic as practice. No realbig plans other than keepingit well maintained. I never let anything failing orbroken go, ever. I like wrenching and don't like to be stuck.

I'll have questions like, "I need to replace a auto trans that's on it's way out. Are there any perticular ones I should (or shouldn't) look for? Any better ones I could drop in?" But questions abouttricking it out, prolly not.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

welcome to hcf

Old 04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

if i had an EG civic EX like yours i'd be pimping it out right now with a bigger motor, wider tires, new suspension and exhaust and racey parts for the interior.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

if i had an EG civic EX like yours i'd be pimping it out right now with a bigger motor, wider tires, new suspension and exhaust and racey parts for the interior.
Which "bigger motor" is a direct bolt in? What should I look for at the u-pull it yards? If things need to be "replaced" I have no problem "upgrading"!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM

BTTT

Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

I'm not sure you could call any motor swap a "direct bolt in". Most of the time, you would need to find the additional parts that work with it. For example, if you were really going to want that car to MOVE OUT, you'd drop in, say, a B18 engine out of an Acura Integra. Along with that, you may need to swap out the tranny and a host of other parts including the ECU. Then you're going to have to spend some time working out the electrical on that motor with the engine harness.

Also realize that there are a ton of people out there with civics that want teggy engines. Thus, a U Wrench It might not have one sitting in some derlict teggy in the back of their lot. They have probably already pulled em and sold them.

Beyond that, the aftermarket support for Honda Civics has been overwhelming. Lots of good parts from good companies. The downside, is that you pay a lot for quality and most of the time you won't get much in return for it upon resale.

Hope I helped. Enjoy the car. Welcome to HCF...

Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 PM

Yeah, im thinking your the family guy and just want to keep it clean and simple. Youll get like a 100 posts on here telling you to turbo it( not that there is anything wrong with that) but just let em know your more about getting some good advice on maintinance and what not and people on here can be very helpful.

Quick Reply: Got my wifes '94 EX