New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Greetings - and a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Default Greetings - and a couple questions

Hi people. I am new to the forum and recently bought and '06 Civic Couple EX. I wish they made a SI with an auto transmission. I drove sticks forever but I am older now and I just want to relax and step on the peddle and let it go! ... especially in big city traffic.

Like a lot of people I am looking for minor performance improvement items and a couple looks/comfort items as well. As a bit older civic driver, I want performance, comfort, style (but not splashy) all in one. I have upgraded the so called hi end audio system to the point where I am very satisfied (amplified infinity sub, infinity and alpine component speakers, alpine amp and the stock head unit which isnt so bad if you get the other stuff out of the way.

Since we are all part of the Honda family and some of you have been here forever, I value your good advice.

1. I bought a K&N lifetime filter partially for convenience and partially for the small performance increase, but it hasn't arrive yet. Anyone here have experience with these, is there a really noticable difference?

2. Since my car is still in warranty, I don't want to mess with it much until the warranty is up. What other inexpensive upgrades might be out there to up the performance in any amount that won't void the warranty? Which are the best value per performance boost?

3. Is there one particular aftermarket leather seat manufacturer that you all think of as the best?

4. Is there one place or two that sell wheels at super low prices? I am particularly interested in Poison Brand rims - I can't remember the model atm, but one of them looks very sweet on a 06 Civic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Less