New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Greetings From the Other Side...

Old 10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Red face Greetings From the Other Side...

Hi all,

I have been getting into cars lately and I just purchased my baby a couple of months ago. I'm a girl who has been in LOVE with the aforementioned car when I was like 12. Now I'm in utter bliss with my new car, not bad on gas at all (same as v6) and faaaast stock . I had a volvo 850, what a beast! Didn't move though. My mom had a Corolla which didn't move either. Then I had a v6 Camaro which a Taxi took from me... very sad still about it... was just this april or so. Now i'm with my new love.

I've been getting real serious about cars and modifications but I DO NOT like the domestic "scene". Alot of snobby rednecks (ricer haters... I come from a forum that made me go here instead, thats how bad it was over there )... I don't want to be associated with that. I know there are awesome guys in the domestic realm but I keep seeing over and over the same terrible picture of country people with big V8 trucks. Gaah!!

I don't particularly like tuner cars (but I love that its associated with modern and city things) or the dreaded ricers but I AM interested in the honda motors. Why? I want to know why so many people love them. I don't know what VTEC is, I see it made fun of everywhere. So guys and gals I want to get to know you and your Civics. I won't be buying one, but I do want to learn the motors. I think this place is a great place to learn so far (lurked a bit) but I want to talk to you all too.

Please accept me

-Nyanko

Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 PM

Oh, heres a pic.

Name:  Photo_082508_004.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  72.5 KB

Old 10-29-2008, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

nice looking camaro you got there. welcome to the forum definitely the place for you to learn about civics. this should tell you more about vtec https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=7777

Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 AM
HCF Member

I'd get a civic if i were you!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
nice looking camaro you got there. welcome to the forum definitely the place for you to learn about civics. this should tell you more about vtec https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=7777
Great! Now I know exactly what it is... awesome.

ShaTownCivic- Of course you would we are on a Civic board after all

Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Super Cereal Admin

What's this? No leg humping? I'm surprised

Anyway, welcome to the forums! You'll find we're pretty much accepting of any make and model here, provided you don't flame or anything like that. But nice z28, any mods or planned mods?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
What's this? No leg humping? I'm surprised

Anyway, welcome to the forums! You'll find we're pretty much accepting of any make and model here, provided you don't flame or anything like that. But nice z28, any mods or planned mods?
Actually she tried humping my leg but i kicked her off. It was awkward!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:56 PM

reaper2022- just a cutout, I plan to go with some hooker LTs, a sleeper cam, and possibly heads with a stall. I am gonna get a bigger muffler so that when the cutout is closed it sounds sooo quiet maybe someone might think its a badged v6 . Then open the cutout and have a nice somewhat choppy big engine sound. it got it bone stock and unmolested. I see not alot of people here have cars that look like this one here:

which is parked in front of my house. but this is a common place among almost every type of car around where i live

Last edited by ryonyanko; 10-30-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum, nice camaro, gas station owners must love you.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by driftingfan
Welcome to the forum, nice camaro, gas station owners must love you.
Only visit one every 2 weeks if I don't have tanks in the garage, and I never drive empty

The LS1 doesn't guzzle gas at all.

I got 22-27 MPG calculated from fulily driving city and highway. I don't drive slow either. If I drove normally all the time with no fun WOT i'd probably get 30 highway, saw an ls1 vette do it.

usually we just fill some gas tanks far out where my dad works (cheaper than city) and I don't see a gas station for almost a month.

So yeah its not a civc, but its a v8. I think its damn good. The same as my old v6. haven't gotten it dynoed yet but its sure as hell fun. I'll get those mods together and my mpg will probably stay the same if i get a modest cam.

I don't think its a gas guzzler at all, don't have to pay gas guzzler tax either. I guess its a misconception because its a V8 with a big 5.7L engine.

Last edited by ryonyanko; 10-30-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Greetings From the Other Side...