New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Greetings From the Other Side...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

I dont know 5.7 litre would eat fuel but those are impressive numbers. Maybe its the bigger gas tank that helps:P

Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by driftingfan
I dont know 5.7 litre would eat fuel but those are impressive numbers. Maybe its the bigger gas tank that helps:P
Nah look it up- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtPwnsyGTxw more power with the vette obviously, but you get the idea. same engine

Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ShaTownCivic
I'd get a civic if i were you!

Agreed. I'd definitely rather have a Civic. Big motor/ high horsepower cars are good for straight lines only... That gets boring fast.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 PM

lol i didn't expect to be on the receiving side of criticism before signing up.

possibly this will calm your woes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhW_nm_J72o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9cUY7APGE oh this too, i don't see this as straight line

also this is weird its not just going straight.. http://www.vimeo.com/1749450 hmm

... you know I have a steering wheel, all street cars don't just go straight, silly.

yeah I know what you are talking about, but the way people say it is silly I think. yes its bigger and stronger and faster and can't corner as well as you light 4 cycls (SLLYYDEWAAYZ?) but I didn't say anything about the faults of civics right out at you all.

so i got the "gas stations must love you" and "only a straight line" about my car

heheh, back to lurking i guess

Last edited by ryonyanko; 10-30-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

i would just like to especially welcome you because you spelt vtec correctly. welcome

Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 PM

^ 3 out of 5 thats not too bad I guess. thanks for the welcome, i respect all cars (except mustangs :P jk) and if i join a board I don't troll even with huge differences. I know its Vtec and now I know what it does exactly. Thats a pretty good start ^^

Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 PM

welcome to the forum
it's nice to have a domestic owner joining the forum knowing that import and domestic drivers can coexist

Old 10-30-2008, 10:43 PM

I believe it. also one of my favorite cars is a Supra, but yea who doesn't like a Supra? The sound of that turbo is amazing. I like it just as much as I like a big choppy v8 pounding away cammed and all. I think that turbo sound is my favorite car sound however, and I could NEVER say that on the domestic boards.

The reception was a little mixed so far.

Hopefully the differences and negative comments won't happen too often.

I don't mind imports, I mean obviously look at my avatar, its from a Japanese anime movie. I am NOT anti-import. :/ they should import MORE is what I think. Cars and all.

Its just the Camaro has been my favorite car since I was 12. No joke, glad I finally got my Z. I love Fbodies, Formula/Trans Am included. I'd have a graphite single turbo Supra, black Formula WS6 blackbird clone, and midnight blue SS Camaro (with my Z28 still, repainted charcoal with ghost stripes) with an older or brand new bright blue Civic as a daily driver and a huge turbo if I was rich.

Last edited by ryonyanko; 10-30-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ryonyanko
The reception was a little mixed so far.
I think it's just because it's kinda hard to react to a friendly domestic driver joining the forum. Most domestic drivers that come here are trolls and they come here to try and **** us off. It's a defense mechanism and stereotype against domestic drivers that has been developed. They'll come around.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 PM

Yeah, thats what I mean about dom drivers in my first post. I can't really get along with such macho people -_-

Hahaha hopefully. Shall I say:

I come in peace? Show me to your leade- Coff ok I'm still a person though lol.

Quick Reply: Greetings From the Other Side...