New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Greetings From the Other Side...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

welcome that is a bad looking camaro. sounds like you are a fan of GM. what dou u think of the new camaro coming out

Old 10-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nice car. tho id tint the windows....
i was shocked at how good of gas milage those cams get.... i even thought about trading my old 94civic for one but decided not to.

mainly i enjoy my civic for mostly MPG and its a cheap/reliable vehicle... which is why i have 2 civics again
im all about V8 power but those gas stations are not friendly for a daily driver!!!!
i got a 66impala 4door hardtop with a 400 motor and powerglide tranny. the car is wicked fast but only at 0-80mph anything higher than that and the motor is screaming! its only a 2speed tranny....
plus it is a large @ss vehicle! my little civics can go anywhere almost

IMO Vtec is not really that great. yes it gives you more power like about 20hp. but theres so many power adders out there that can be just as good.
you can always tell a newb about vtec if you just ask them to spell it.LOL every idiot says VTECH!!!!!!!!! hell my spelling is bad but at least i know how to spell vtec properly.LOL

please dont think all hondas are rice burners. there are plenty of ricers out there that stick on as much stickers as they can find and stick on vents, but just remember theres a ricer in every vehicle ever made and to be made!
some people just love stick on hood scoops and vinyl decals and love to advertise brands.
id like to think im not a ricer.... but i do like my underbody glow. at least i keep it hidden and full length UB glow as well..... not your typical ricer neons hanging low and bulbs visable and really short.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
nice car. tho id tint the windows....
i was shocked at how good of gas milage those cams get.... i even thought about trading my old 94civic for one but decided not to.

mainly i enjoy my civic for mostly MPG and its a cheap/reliable vehicle... which is why i have 2 civics again
im all about V8 power but those gas stations are not friendly for a daily driver!!!!
i got a 66impala 4door hardtop with a 400 motor and powerglide tranny. the car is wicked fast but only at 0-80mph anything higher than that and the motor is screaming! its only a 2speed tranny....
plus it is a large @ss vehicle! my little civics can go anywhere almost

IMO Vtec is not really that great. yes it gives you more power like about 20hp. but theres so many power adders out there that can be just as good.
you can always tell a newb about vtec if you just ask them to spell it.LOL every idiot says VTECH!!!!!!!!! hell my spelling is bad but at least i know how to spell vtec properly.LOL

please dont think all hondas are rice burners. there are plenty of ricers out there that stick on as much stickers as they can find and stick on vents, but just remember theres a ricer in every vehicle ever made and to be made!
some people just love stick on hood scoops and vinyl decals and love to advertise brands.
id like to think im not a ricer.... but i do like my underbody glow. at least i keep it hidden and full length UB glow as well..... not your typical ricer neons hanging low and bulbs visable and really short.
Year they do get good gas, better than a pontiac vibe.

and Jeeeeze that sounds like the hottest impala ever... You ever drag it? 2 Speed LOL damn.

I see VTEC alot so... I dunno why people spell it tech rofl.

yes its true... I see rice corvettes alot which makes me very sad and angry.

Well I'm not a fan of UB glow but I mean if you love it then you should have it oh yeah, v8 power ftmfw!
-

Low 4 Door- I do love GM but I just got into cars so yea. I wish they brought the monero vX8 500 or w/e rather than make the new camaro IMO. Well.. anyway no Z28 and waaay heavier so but i would make my father get the v6. I do like some styling points like the grille.. and the rear fenders. thats about it though.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member

nope no drag runs. just alot of stupid streetracing and abuse.... it was my first car and i know i abused it hard and did ALOT of stupid sh(* with it. but at the time it was fun. i dont drive it much if any anymore.... just gas cost to much and it hates highway driving...

Name:  66impala011.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  114.6 KB
Name:  66impala010.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  298.9 KB
Name:  66impala012.jpg
Size:  134.3 KB
Name:  66impala005.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  232.6 KB

i loved those bench seats! all i had to do was take a right turn smash the gas and my girl friend at the time would slide on over to me
it was my first restoration bymyself also. i did all the paint and body work and for the resto being about 13years old it still looks pretty dam good from 5foot away! only afew small rust bubbles coming back thru and a small ammount of paint difference since i painted the car in pieces and i didnt count my coats so afew parts are slightly darker or lighter than the others. most people didnt notice but since i painted the car i know its there.. but it was definatly a learning experience.
stupidest thing i ever did with it is actualy ramping it off some railroad crossings! and yes i got about a foot in the air at least. boy was i being stupid.LOL only thing that messed up tho was the shift linkage clip fell off the tranny so when i went to put it in park it wasnt there.... i fixed it at the video store with a twist tie. it only had to work till i got home.LOL
Name:  66impala037.jpg
Size:  52.1 KB

ive thought about selling it sometimes but i can never go thru with it! and my dad told me suprisingly the car books 10K in fair condition accordin to NADA books he got. shocking to me! i got it for 2K back in 96

Old 11-01-2008, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

i will half to agree a civics gas milage is great but you half to love american muscle. my dad and i also have a impala. its a 67 4 door hardtop with a small block. its currently in restoration but hoping to have it done this time next year.