New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

H-E-L-L-O

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Default H-E-L-L-O

I am like sort of a newbie....but I plan on doing something to my car this summer...I need you guys!

Old 06-15-2005, 12:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: H-E-L-L-O

Nice eyes. Welcome to the forum. Some details about your car and your thoughts on modding it would be awesome![sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 06-15-2005, 07:55 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum! What kind of mods do you have in mind?

Old 06-15-2005, 12:05 PM

Thanks.....

Well...I was thinking about a sunroof but people keep on telling me NO!
So I think its over for that idea. I want have my car painted a different color but
is Maaco a place that you guys would think would do a good job?

Old 06-15-2005, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

As you were wisely advised, I would avoid an aftermarket sunroof. Just about every aftermarket sunroof I've seen has some sort of leak or quality issue. The places that do a real good, leak-proof job, are pretty expensive.

Concerning paint, if you're going to a different color, it's gonna cost quite a bit more because you have to get the door and trunk jambs, plus the engine compartment painted as well. It'll save you a lot of money to stay with the same color, but if you just hate the current color or have money to spare, then go for it!

Where you go to get a paint job depends a lot on how much you want to spend and the end result you have in mind. They can range anywhere from $500 to $15000, even more in some special cases. If the car is without any major body damage, $2000 and up is ideal for a good quality job. And it's really not the franchise you have to pay attention to, it the actual painters. Overall I would say Maaco does not hire very good painters. They are a discount body shop focused on saving money so their painter requirements won't be as strict as other higher end body shops. I've seen Maaco do some really good work, but this is only IF your car falls into the hands of a good painter. But, from my personal experience with Maaco, I would look elsewhere. For me, they've been more trouble than they're worth and I especially would not trust them with a complete color change.

But usually, a good shop will hire overall good painters. You may just have to look around in your area and ask to see examples of the work they are putting out. Be sure and look at more than one car for consistency. Sorry this is so long....

Old 06-15-2005, 10:27 PM

WOW thanks Jake...I really appreciate your response!!

Ok so it's a 100% no on the sunroof...and I am at like 50-50 on getting a paint job.
I think I just might stick to some rims and new tires...lol...I don't want my car too look masculine or anything.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

what kind of car is it? what color is it now? pics?

Old 06-16-2005, 08:38 AM
HCF Member

LOL! You're very welcome. A good paint job won't be masculine, it will set your car apart from the rest. [sm=w00t.gif] Immaculate paint and body work will always be appreciated by any car enthusiast. But rims and tires are always a good start.

Old 06-18-2005, 03:12 PM

It is beige and it's a 2000 lx.

I will have to take some pictures of it. I am off for 11 days...so will do!!