New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

This has been a long time coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Default This has been a long time coming

Hey everyone my names Eric. It took me awhile but I finally got me a civic. I found a spotless 93 Del sol out in the sticks. so far I love the car. Here are my specs

1993 Honda Del Sol
D16z6 sohc
Greddy 15g Turbo
HPS front mounted intercooler
HPS 2 3/4 intercooler piping and couplers
Megan test pipe
Megan drift specs cat back exhaust (not put on yet)
450 DSM blue top injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Apexi turbo timer
Auto meter boost gauge
B and M short throw shifter

Name:  0625001820.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  139.4 KB

Car was stock when i bought it. This whole turbo deal is new to me so expect some questions from me. But all in all its been a great car so far. BTW this Turbo was just put in today. lol

Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

That drift spec, have heard nothing but bad bad reviews on its soound. Get some real pics of the car up Nice that its boosted. You install yourself?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM

Did you get a tune?

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 PM
HCF Member

...You know darn well it is not tuned Stu lol...

Old 06-25-2010, 08:02 PM

Yea I know it probably isn't.

Originally Posted by gofastturnleft
Car was stock when i bought it. This whole turbo deal is new to me so expect some questions from me. But all in all its been a great car so far. BTW this Turbo was just put in today. lol
You shouldn't have any questions really... otherwise you shouldn't have turbo'd it yet. If you still have questions then you aren't ready to be turbocharged.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Lightbulb

O how the slandering has begun. I will get some pics when my car gets off the dyno later today and yes its tuned. I found this set up on craigslist. I got the motor, trans, ecu (WITH TUNE), And mostly everything out of this guys hatch. All in all the swap took about 6 hours. The tubo and everything was already on the motor and my cars orignal motor was a d16z6 so there was no guess work with the swap. I was planning on doing a b seires swap but i couldnt pass this put for the price. Also the comfort of having two of everything for my first turbo set up is very comforting. Every part from here on out will be geared for my b swap.

The motor i put in has 86xxx miles on it and iwas just rebuilt with a new head gasket and ARP studs. The tune is from a company that disbanded but is right on the money. If anything its running a bit rich. When we droped it in it was running close to 11 psi but I had to leave my stock exhaust on because i got to chop a little bit off of the megan mid section to fit my car. So i had to turn down the boost. Right now the car still has the factory pin stripe, sits at stock ride hight with stock wheels and tire and stock exhaust. The only way to can tell I have a turbo is if you see my intercooler or here my BOV. So its a super sleeper in my eyes. Ive had some fun running around town. The only thing i dont like is the 6 PUCK CLUTCH!!!!!!!!! For the strip its great but driving around town is a pain. I also forgot to list earlier i have the 6 puck and a 10 lbs flywheel.

Like i said earlier this is my first Honda build and so far im lovin it. The guy i hooked up with are awsome. So im ready to face the haters on the forums. o well off to j and s dyno day!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

hehe slandering FTW, awesome that your wasting no time getting it tuned. paint the intercooler black to finish off the sleeper look Welcome welcome welcome.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:56 AM

As for you trustdestruction im not some dumb kid.Everyones gona have a few questions because with everything new there is a learning curve. Isnt that what Forums are for? I didnt just go boost a d seires blindly. Ive been planning this build for a long time. Just waiting for all the right parts to come along because im firm believer in not rushing things and only using things that work together well and only using quality parts.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Thanks man im just getting it dynoed today. The tune in it now is fine but im gona get retuned next week to my liking. The two stage launch control dosnt fit my style so i gotta go get that worked out.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by gofastturnleft
As for you trustdestruction im not some dumb kid.Everyones gona have a few questions because with everything new there is a learning curve. Isnt that what Forums are for? I didnt just go boost a d seires blindly. Ive been planning this build for a long time. Just waiting for all the right parts to come along because im firm believer in not rushing things and only using things that work together well and only using quality parts.
Alright. The way you said it made it sound like you had tons of questions that you should have already found out the answers to. Good to hear that's not true.

Quick Reply: This has been a long time coming