New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello =]

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Civique Français
Oh ok.... Then Ill have to make a mature Car lover decision. Just help me with whatever I need to do.... I want to be respected in this Car Racing world. Im only 16, but I want to start out right. This Honda is a Honda Civic 1995 lx 4 door. What do I need to do? What kind of subtle mods? What about performance? I pretty much need a total makeover... To the Civic, and my mind. I have a fast and the furious mind. I trust yall to point me in the right direction =]

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Ah, I see what the "problem" is. The real car enthusiast and racing world is nothing like The Fast and the Furious. The Fast and the Furious is basically just a hollywood exploitation of the "tuner" scene. The cars from the Fast and the Furious are mostly what you would call a "show car". That is, a car that is meant for winning car shows where they try to modify pretty much everything on the outside of the car, not to go fast or to daily drive or anything.
one main point that fast and furious stresses is how COOL it is to street race... no matter how fast your car is your not gonna out run the cops lets face it lol.

Street racing is dangerous and gets people killed PLEASE keep it off the streets. Nitrous is another thing that is everywhere on the movies... although it can be used safely if done right and maintained, you cant just go and load your car up with NOS and expect the engine not to blow.

hmmm lol do you still have the stock bumpers for the car?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Yes I do =]

Old 06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

okay do you have a photobucket account? lol

for now ill just post your pics up on the thread lol noone likes clicking links and looking for the pics..

[ img ] [ /img ] <-- without spaces thats the code

Old 06-19-2009, 10:28 PM

Haha, thanks

Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

First off I just want to say please dont get offended or chased off by what people are saying about your kit. Its just that civic owners constantly have to fight the 'ricer' stereotype so a lot of people here will take extreme offense to anything that feeds the stereotype.

I fell into the same trap. My first car was a black 97 grand am. I wanted it to stand out and be 'unique' so I painted the interior trim bright red, gave it a full blitz body kit, red wing, some rims, etc. I just got a lot of BAD attention from it. Now I have seen the error of my ways and I wish I would have put the money towards doing more to the engine instead. It had a 2.4 dohc engine that was pretty beefy even before upgrades.
Im kinda reluctant to even get a lip kit for my civic (since they have a bad rice reputation as it is). Fast&Furious aside, games like Need for Speed also glorify sticking big bloated body kits, nos and 20 inch rims on anything that moves so a lot of people new to the scene think they have to have those things for their car to be cool. If you have a body kit and wing because YOU like the look of it, I think that is perfectly fine. I just suggest making sure youve got a bad *** engine in it first because if its all flash and no dash, people will make fun of it.
As far as tail lights. if you dont like the look of yours you may want to consider tinting them instead of getting altezzas. Its definately something different than stock and it doesnt look as 'ricey' as aftermarket lights.
Anyhow, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Looking forward to seeing how your car turns out!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 AM
HCF Member

RC pics of your grand am, NOW haha

Old 06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
RC pics of your grand am, NOW haha
Oh jeez... its a bit embarassing but this is all I could find of my old GA. Keep in mind it also had a full molded blitz body kit. I was such a confused kid lol I just hope my transgressions do not come back to haunt me.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

hehe it happens

Old 06-20-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by rc2904
First off I just want to say please dont get offended or chased off by what people are saying about your kit. Its just that civic owners constantly have to fight the 'ricer' stereotype so a lot of people here will take extreme offense to anything that feeds the stereotype.

I fell into the same trap. My first car was a black 97 grand am. I wanted it to stand out and be 'unique' so I painted the interior trim bright red, gave it a full blitz body kit, red wing, some rims, etc. I just got a lot of BAD attention from it. Now I have seen the error of my ways and I wish I would have put the money towards doing more to the engine instead. It had a 2.4 dohc engine that was pretty beefy even before upgrades.
Im kinda reluctant to even get a lip kit for my civic (since they have a bad rice reputation as it is). Fast&Furious aside, games like Need for Speed also glorify sticking big bloated body kits, nos and 20 inch rims on anything that moves so a lot of people new to the scene think they have to have those things for their car to be cool. If you have a body kit and wing because YOU like the look of it, I think that is perfectly fine. I just suggest making sure youve got a bad *** engine in it first because if its all flash and no dash, people will make fun of it.
As far as tail lights. if you dont like the look of yours you may want to consider tinting them instead of getting altezzas. Its definately something different than stock and it doesnt look as 'ricey' as aftermarket lights.
Anyhow, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Looking forward to seeing how your car turns out!
Lol, thank you for understanding. I'm not putting the kits on for anyone else other then me, because I like the look of it. My uncle just got a H22 engine, and I really think its my birthday present!!! I know 7 or 8 people that could help me modify it. So, I am working on the performance part to get that dash with the flash. The definition of a Ricer is someone who puts easy mods on his car thinking it will make it faster and make him cool. That's the exact opposite for me. I want it because I like the look of them, and Im paying attention to the performance aspect just as much, just takes a little longer, thats all. To me, body work is a lot easier then electrical and engine work, but I want that to change, and it will soon. Im excited about that h22. And I think Ill take your advice on the tail lights =] Again, thanks for understanding, no ones scaring me away, lol.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

haha do what makes you happy, thats what i'm doing and if I told anyone I'm sure I'd be critisized

Quick Reply: Hello =]