New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Default Hello

Hello ......... New to this forum. G'day to all the other members. Just got my first Honda car, although I already own a Honda bike. The Civic is a 1987 model with a EW2 motor and an auto gearbox.

So here's the story. My sister buys this Civic, later gives it to her son, who then doesn't look after it, puts a conrod through the block, and I inherit a 'free' Honda Civic.

I then go and get a second hand motor, pull the headand sump off to check the condition of things (they're in excellent condition), put it all back together with new seals and stuff, but when it comes to putting the engine and gearbox together, the Haynes manual tells me the wrong torque setting for the backing plate to torque-converter bolts and one of the little boogers breaks in it's hole, leaving me with the hassle of getting it out without damaging the thread of the hole in the torque-converter.

So here's my dilemma. I now have to get all new bolts for it since they've all been overstressed, and I have to find the proper torque settings. Aren't cars wonderful.

Feel free to message me if you know the correct settings for this one, otherwise, no problem, I'll just get it on monday from the local Honda agents.

Other than that, I'll just take a wander through this forum and see what other things you all get up to.

See y'all later.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello

congratulations and welcome

Old 02-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Eun
Default RE: Hello

Welcome to HCF!