New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to me 2008 Civic DX-G Manual

Old 03-25-2017, 11:24 AM
Default New to me 2008 Civic DX-G Manual

Hi all,
I'm buying a 2008 Civic DX-G, in white. It's a manual and has 117,000km on it.

I'll post pics when I pick it up on Monday. This will be my first Honda. I've had a few cars over the years. I'll be coming from a 2007 Ford Freestyle SUV/Crossover. It's been a great car, but we bought it to hold my family and my inlaws when they come visit us (stay for 1 month each year). So we needed a 6 seater.
Then we bought a popup camper that ended up being a good deal heavier then listed, so the Freestyle couldn't tow it. So we bought a Ford escape to tow it, but it can't handle 6 of us.
So anyway, we're selling both of those SUV's. Im getting a more fuel efficient car for my commute, and we'll get a single large vehicle that can tow enough and hold 6 of us.

I'm an IT guy by training but also a bit of a backyard mechanic, so I do a lot of my own minor work (tires, suspension, oil changes, alternator, etc.). Hopefully won't need to do much to the Civic for a while.

Look forward to getting to know you all.