New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Default Hello all!

Hello all! I own a blue '95 Honda Civic DX. Up until October, this car was the best one I had ever owned. It's now a royal pain in my butt. I am hoping that someone on here can help me.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello all!

..........Ok........whats the question?
Whats wrong?

Old 03-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Here's what I posted in the General Tech Forum....

OK...this car has been one problem after another. I have a '95 Honda Civic DX 1.5 L engine with automatic transmission. My problem is that when I stop, whether in park or not, the car vibrates. It's a noticable all-over vibration. My dad and I have been working on this car since October, so I'm going to list what's gone wrong and what we fixed in the hope that it will give someone a clue as to what might be wrong with my car now.
I have replaced the radiator cap twice (due to overheating). I replaced the spark plugs and spark plug wires. The distributor cap and rotor cap have been replaced twice (the first dist. cap split). I blew the head gasket so seal, bolts...all that fun stuff replaced. Temperature sending unit, computer fan switch ? (don't know technical name...it's next to the temperature sending unit), thermostat, water pump, all four belts, and pcv valve (twice...first ghetto one from AutoZone crapped out afterthree months) have all been replaced. The drivebelt pulley cracked while replacing the head and was replaced as well. I have changed the transmission fluid, the oil and oil filter. I have run cleaners through the transmission, fuel system cleaner, and engine cleaner through the oil. My dad put in this 90 degree angled pipe (kinda looks likepvc pipe) in the intake air line to the pcv valve. He also jumped the timing thingy (I know...real technical, but I don't remember what he called it and it's not the belt). It was better for about 48 hours and then it went right back to the vibrating. We've checked the timing, the pressure in the cylinders, and the motor mounts. We are about to beat our freaking heads against the wall! Help!!

Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

You never changed the fuel filter?
You never changed the air filter?
What about the fuel pump?
Did you change the fuel injectors?
Im asking this because you wrote you used a cleaner.
Now im not saying what you did was bad but this is what i would have done first.
Last question, is your car still overheating?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:27 PM

Fuel filter was just changed this past weekend. Air filter is practically brand new. Fuel pump requires the removal of my backseat and a plate in the floor to get to, so I'm leaving that as a last resort. Though if the fuel pump was bad, wouldn't it affect the gas mileage (for an obvious sign)? I'm getting 33 MPG. Fuel injectors haven't been changed, I could check that out. The car hasn't overheated since we repaired the head gasket. It overheated the first time because the radiator cap split and then again because the head gasketby the number one cylinder had blown when it overheated the first time.