New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello all...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Default Hello all...

whats up guys i'm new to this forum, seems like there's some good info on here and helpful people. i'm from the nyc area, just got an '05 civic lx. i'm happy with it, nice car and nice body style. i was always into cars, and i know a little about them, but i've never really done any crazy work on them, probably the extent of my experience is replacing headlights and tail lights on a CRV, but you gotta start somewhere, right? i'm looking forward to doing some simple mods to my civic, probably a few bolt ons (cold air intake and stainless steel headers) and a cat back exhaust system, and some rims to make it look nice. i'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right section, but if anyone else has an '05 civic lx sedan, does anyone have lug information and other general tips and how-to's regarding the rims? thanks and nice to meet everyone in advance.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:59 PM

Welcome to the forum. The 01-05 Civics are similar to the 92-00 to be honest.

The lug pattern you would need is 4x100. Also, Honda uses a ball seat on their wheels/lugs, which are usually not compatible with aftermarket wheels/lugs. Meaning, you shouldn't be running OEM lugs on aftermarket wheels, or vice versa, unless they are specifically stated to work with each other.

Most aftermarket wheels use a tapered 60° conical lug seat if I recall correctly.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 PM

thanks for the response, so basically i can go on amazon or ebay and grab a set of rims as long as they're 4/100 and the width fit, right? and i would have to make sure they come with lugs, not use the stock ones?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Basically yes. I would stick with about a stock offset (~+40), and make sure the hub bore matches. Honestly, I do not know the Honda hub bore off the top of my head, but I am sure a quick google search will find it for you.

As for the lugs, you can re-use OEM lugs if you plan on using OEM Honda/Acura wheels. Most everything else requires the use of aftermarket lugs. You can get these anywhere. Just stay with something name brand. Expect to pay ~$90 for a decent set if you go with something aftermarket.