New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello all! New Honda owner in Michigan!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kfock05
Welcome!

not feeling the lambo doors at all!!! why do civic owners always feel the need to have lambos.. agh dont get it!

also since you said you just got the civic a couple days ago. i am guessing you didnt build this car.. some one else did. i hope you dont go around places and tell ppl you did the works to your car. Now that you have the car.. do SOMETHING to it to actually make it ours! and not just someone else build..

do u have any plans?

I am with JWMM ^^^ how much did you buy that for??
people put lambo on almost anything there is a guy around the block from me that has lambo doors on a 4 door dakota..lol... but im actually thinking about it on my car i kinda like it but some cars ..or trucks shouldnt have them your right

Old 07-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Wow...rice huh? can't believe the hate that the lambo doors stirred up!
It's not like havin them on a ford festiva or something! Also curious as to the definition of "rice"... To me, rice is a big obnoxious spoiler, the "fart pipe" with a coffee can exhaust, ugly *** painted rims (red or white seem to be the fav colors) and some D-bag driving it thinking it can beat any car on the road! This car has none of these! Nor does it have some dumb *** paint job/graphics. Feel free to hate...can't wait to check out your pics . Of course I'm not going to go around and claim I did all the work myself...I never implied it! Lookin to squeeze some more hp from it in the future. I paid 5k for it...I think I did very well on the purchase.

I know some might not like the idea of buying a car with 90% of the work done on it...somethings might not be to you exact liking...rather used different parts...opted out of some things (lambo doors prob...I woulda never spent the $$$$ on something like this...but it was already done and they line up perfect!), and not had the satisfaction/bragging rights as doing it yourself. I've been through the "blood sweat & tears" building a 1990 Probe GT turbo for the last two years...Got it to about 200 hp (cams, hybrid turbo, etc) but ran out of interest. There is practically NO aftermarket parts for 1st gen/MX-6s) so I decided to sell of that project to a good friend of mine and start on something with a little more options...like the civic. I plan on eventually blacking the car out (tints & paint) and tweaking little things, possibly putting the black interior back as I have all the pieces. I know its a bit extreme for some but it is what it is. I like it.

I'm just happy it's not a run of the mill civic.

Last edited by HondaDxMan; 07-26-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

Well.... The car itself is pure rice im sorry that thing is way outta control...

If you like it thats all that matters but dam all those bright colors EVERYwhere is just a major eye sore.

And all these mods actually subtract calue from vehicle i think 5K was too much considerng how much you'd have to do to getting it looking decent.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Well.... The car itself is pure rice im sorry that thing is way outta control...

If you like it thats all that matters but dam all those bright colors EVERYwhere is just a major eye sore.

And all these mods actually subtract calue from vehicle i think 5K was too much considerng how much you'd have to do to getting it looking decent.
ah well...it can still blow the stock doors off yours so I can live with that...

Old 07-27-2009, 04:09 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

^^^ uh oh here we go!!!!

plan and simple..lambo doors were COOL in the 90s along with spoilers and SWEET UNDERGLOW! its 2009 ppl. lambos dont even have lambo doors any more.. that is how OUT PLAYED and lame they are!
check it for yourself....

Last edited by kfock05; 07-27-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 AM
HCF Member

hey now guys he just got the car don't insult him really if i had lambo doors on my car when i bought it i wouldnt take them off but thats my opinion personally i like the exterior and the seats and the engine its self but don't like the completely red interior it buggs my eyes out or the completely red/chrome engine bay but besides that i think the car is fine id give him advice then let him decide wether or not to take it just don't insult him plus hes from the d-town (hello fellow michigander) so i say welcome to the forum

Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
hey now guys he just got the car don't insult him really if i had lambo doors on my car when i bought it i wouldnt take them off but thats my opinion personally i like the exterior and the seats and the engine its self but don't like the completely red interior it buggs my eyes out or the completely red/chrome engine bay but besides that i think the car is fine id give him advice then let him decide wether or not to take it just don't insult him plus hes from the d-town (hello fellow michigander) so i say welcome to the forum
i agree its his pref. if he likes it

Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
Thanks and hello back at cha wisener! Glad someone in here has some decency/manners! I'm in the process of changing all the white pieces (vents, window crank, etc) back to black. It IS kinda loud in there as of now but I think a plain red/black interior set up would be the best bet. I'll post more pics for the haters when its done.

I love it how ppl rag my $hit but there car is ALWAYS some run-of-the-mill dented up garbage and the only "mods" are a set of rims...maybe some window tinting if your lucky

Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Originally Posted by HondaDxMan
Thanks and hello back at cha wisener! Glad someone in here has some decency/manners! I'm in the process of changing all the white pieces (vents, window crank, etc) back to black. It IS kinda loud in there as of now but I think a plain red/black interior set up would be the best bet. I'll post more pics for the haters when its done.

I love it how ppl rag my $hit but there car is ALWAYS some run-of-the-mill dented up garbage and the only "mods" are a set of rims...maybe some window tinting if your lucky
^^^ not mine

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Originally Posted by HondaDxMan

^^^^not mine

no hard feeling dude. just not big on the lambos! thats all. welcome! and post up pictures once u change some stuff around

Quick Reply: Hello all! New Honda owner in Michigan!