New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello all! New Honda owner in Michigan!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaDxMan
ah well...it can still blow the stock doors off yours so I can live with that...
Yep... he is one of those type of guys...

Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
96 Civic DX you used to be one of "those guys" im sure someone on here has some pics of your old interior if youd like to bring that up. you changed, and so could he. anyhow he just bought the car like that so its not exactly what he wants anyways

Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
umm....whatever the hell that means....
Sorry guy....you knocked my car 3 times so excuse me for firing a shot back...
Go get some groceries!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:05 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Thanks and hello back at cha wisener! Glad someone in here has some decency/manners!
Um... So is this
Originally Posted by jwmm04
Hey, we may not like it, but as long as you do that's all that matters. It does seem like you did everything the right way, and your body work looks like it was done right; I just don't like the style at all....

EDIT: I saw it said that you just got it... if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it? Not trying to be nosy, just curious as to what Civics with modifications like that can be sold for.
not having decency? It's okay though, next time I'll just be a total dick to you, and tell you exactly how I feel about your car.

I love it how ppl rag my $hit but there car is ALWAYS some run-of-the-mill dented up garbage and the only "mods" are a set of rims...maybe some window tinting if your lucky
Want some pics of my car?

Here you go:

Doesn't look too run-of-the-mill to me...

Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM

Um... So is this not having decency? It's okay though, next time I'll just be a total dick to you, and tell you exactly how I feel about your car.
Please do! dont hold back...I can take it...Really don't care either way...I have changes in progress as we speak! You have an opinion...congratulations! We all do..

Want some pics of my car? Here you go:

Doesn't look too run-of-the-mill to me...
Good for you! I actually like your car and dont know why you took offense in the 1st place!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 AM

Need I remind you all that this thread was me just introducing myself!?!? I uploaded the other car into my garage/pics...Feel free to hate on that one as well

Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... this reminds me of a thread i seen the other day....

check this thread out... This is what i would suggest.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=170324

Originally Posted by Noodler
holy jesus mother of pearl.
Originally Posted by CBURKE
WOW MAN all I can say! You've done a great job! Need a lip, but other then that looks great! My White with red flake v-cover would look bad *** on there!
Originally Posted by Bheims
No kidding, this was a serious rebuild. Very nice job, car looks great.
Originally Posted by SiBlue_EK
****ing siiiick, good work
Originally Posted by musezik
Nice!

Those 2 pictures may be the 2 riciest things i have ever seen.

I think this was the look he was going for but it just didnt work

chevy orange loll my dad loves it.... on his chevys

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 07-28-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum. I am relatively new (since April), but you better get used to getting flamed for that thing. Most people here like to dance the thin line between stock and aftermarket, where you will know there is something special about the car, but it isn't glaring (like the chrome all over yours).

If I had to make on comment, it would be on the interior. Maybe it is just the pictures but whatever they used upholstery the interior looks absolutely terrible. It looks like something out of a 70's parody movie. And the red paint on the interior adds to the cheap look on the interior. If I were you, I would either hunt down a new interior, or start repainting to a less tacky color scheme. A full blacked out interior, or black with graphite accents could look good if done well.

And when people comment, it isn't any against you personally. There are just a million teenagers who get a Civic as their first car, and think if it is aftermarket and chrome, it is cool to add onto their vehicle.

Most of the time, it just devalues the car because the pieces are lower quality and the design may start to lack continuity. For example, your head lights, chrome all over including a border around the edge. Turn signal either doesn't have chrome or it is faded. Now if it were a single chrome border around the whole edge of the headlight and turn signal without clearly separating them, and without the weird junk in the middle of the light, the headlights would work well with the wheels and windows.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:43 AM
August 2010 ROTM

The only reason I took offense is because you told Wisener he was the only person to come at you with decency... I normally tear people up who post up cars like that but for some reason I felt like being nice and I said this:

Hey, we may not like it, but as long as you do that's all that matters. It does seem like you did everything the right way, and your body work looks like it was done right; I just don't like the style at all....
I even told you that it looked like everything was done right on your car, even though I didn't like it...

Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM

Well the white pieces are being painted black and I have some black Honda floor matts that cover up alot of the diamond plating. The pics are londer than the car currently is. I DO pland on de-ricing is some.... I'll post some updated pics soon.

No comments on the Caddy? hmm

Quick Reply: Hello all! New Honda owner in Michigan!