New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello Everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Default Hello Everybody!

Hey everyone my names Alex, and well.. I'm obviously new to the forum here.

I live in northern Alberta up here in Canada. I have a 1993 Honda Civic Si Coupe. It was given to me by a friend of mine because it was taking up his parking spot and having his grand am parked out on the street it was hit by drunks a few times so he just got fed up with it and got me to tow the car away for him. As it sits, it needs a little bit of body work (side trim smoothed, front/rear bumper replaced or patched), nothing to big though. The driver side trim has already been started to be smoothed so the rest is going to have to be done as well.

As far as the interior is concerned, it is in immaculate condition other than the drivers seat. Right next to the door on the seat is all torn up. Its going to need a Head Unit put into it. There's Infinity speakers in the rear deck but I'm not sure whats up front in the doors. I believe them to be the same model infinity's though. I also might have to rewire a bunch of the stereo. Or at the very least extend the wires a fair bit. The guy i got it from told me that when had the stereo playing he could faintly smell electrical fire. So knowing this I'm going to want to rewire a bunch of it. As much of a pain in the *** as that sounds I'm probably going to end up tearing apart the interior and sound proofing the hell out of it and running RCA's and power cables in between layers. I'm a bit of an audiophile and a car audio junkie. This car is going to be my first ever from scratch car audio install and i fully intend to do it properly.

Mechanically speaking it runs great, and when it was drive-able it drove wonderfully. But as it stands there is something wrong with the clutch/transmission. It starts and runs just fine but there is no feel to the clutch pedal and there is no way to get it into gear. The guy I got it from said that he pried open the clutch and still couldn't get it to go into gear. so I'm thinking there is something wrong both the clutch and transmission. But i have seen transmissions on ebay for a few hundred dollars, but if i can I'm going to go a wreckers in Edmonton or somewhere and tear a transmission, clutch, flywheel assembly from a car. Ebay can be sketchy sometimes.

Well that's all i can tell you about the car right now. I'll put up some pictures once spring hits and the snow goes away so that i can get to it, take a better look at it and take some pictures of it. I will be putting up a project post once i finally start this build.

Now a little about me. I'm an aspiring car audio installer. It's been what i want to do for a living for quite some time now. Ever since I installed my first deck into my first car, which of course was a 2002 Honda Civic Sedan, it has just peaked my interest to the point of no return. but the more and more i learn about it, the more i realize that being a "jack of all trades" will greatly benefit me. So this civic is going to be the perfect starting point for me. I'm really looking forward to starting this build this summer and will keep you all posted on my progress.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Sounds like a fun little project, Good luck and welcome aboard!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 AM

Welcome. Post up some pics so we can see what you are working with.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM

As soon as the snow goes away and I can get to it in my parents back yard I'll for sure be posting some pics of it

Old 03-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Alrighty.. i decided to do a little research in my infinite boredom in the ways of the VIN and turns out my civic is an EX not an Si. It is however made in Canada just like yours truly lol.

I'm thinking of going out to my parents place this weekend and trekking through the 3 feet of snow and clearing around it so i can get some pictures up and take a better look at what exactly I'm going to be working with. Until then though I'll just be trolling the forums looking at what various people have done with their cars.

such as cvcrcr. I spent the past few days going through your 1.1 build thread. I've read up to page 50 or so and i must say. i really like what you've done with your ride i didn't even know you could supercharge a civic.. lol. completely changed my ideas for my civic