New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello HCF

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 PM
HCF Member
Default Hello HCF

Hello HCF

Im new here, I am really interested in messing with hondas and stuff.

I currently own a Civic 97 Ex, My first car, Had it since Nov 2011.

I didn't not know anything about cars back then ( probably as little as change a tire ).

I did recently an auto to manual conversion which went fine, just gotta sort some things out.

I want to learn more and more, but not sure where else I can continue. I have been reading up on a lot of information. I want to learn and use my current engine as experimenting grounds before I move into a B or H engine!

Whats your opinion?
Thanks!

Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 AM

If you plan on swapping, anything else to the current D series would be a waste of money since you will just be pulling it anyways.

The best thing to do is just start reading about whatever you would like to do with the car. The info is out there, some easier to find than others.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 AM
HCF Member

welcome! good to hear you're getting your hands dirty.

What are your plans for the car? Is it your daily driver? How much power would you like to put down? A modest turbo kit on a D series can yield 200hp with about the same amount of torque and will make a really fun daily driver.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 AM
HCF Member

If you plan on swapping, anything else to the current D series would be a waste of money since you will just be pulling it anyways.

The best thing to do is just start reading about whatever you would like to do with the car. The info is out there, some easier to find than others.
Well, thats true. I know it by following your project thread from the beginning :P

welcome! good to hear you're getting your hands dirty.

What are your plans for the car? Is it your daily driver? How much power would you like to put down? A modest turbo kit on a D series can yield 200hp with about the same amount of torque and will make a really fun daily driver.
It is my Daily and my first car, I would like to just do some minor things to the D so I can learn a bit more about it. So when the swap time comes I dont mess up a B or an H but instead my D. Turbo might come with whatever engine I decide it to swap. I was really thinking on building on the D and following Cv Thread was really motivating me to do it. But when he swapped to H I was like X_X but he is right in terms of HP for the money.

I might be looking into a B just for simplicity, I just want to feel a little more power, nothing for racing (perhaps just to challenge friends here and there).
I want to be able to pull out a head and do something to it, put it back on timing etc. etc.

Doing the auto to manual conversion was fun, I learned so much about it. I want to learn about internals now, but I am looking for a reason to for example pull the head out. I still have to straighten leftover problems from the conversion and it is coming out a little expensive, but thats what happens when you mod!