New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello HCF

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Default Hello HCF

I'm 19 years old living in New York, NY so I use to public transportation but I've decided to get my license finally and I have finally saved up for a 2000 Honda Civic, problem is I know very little about cars and was hoping someone would take me under their wing and teach me a thing or 2 on how I can make my cars performance a lot better then what it is now by showing me what parts are needed for what reasons. I'm not an idiot I can learn pretty fast by the way but it would be very appreciated if a car veteran or some expert about Civic's would PM me with details please!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. Here's the thing. No one is going to spoon feed you information. That's the nice way to put it.

This is what you need to do:

-Figure out how much money you want to spend on the car (total) for performance parts.
-Figure out how much power you want to see from the build
-Factor in labor costs if you are having a shop do the work.

Let us know what you want from the car and then we can take it from there. There are too many options to consider and wayyyyyyyyyyy too much info to just type out.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Welcome to the forum. Here's the thing. No one is going to spoon feed you information. That's the nice way to put it.

This is what you need to do:

-Figure out how much money you want to spend on the car (total) for performance parts.
-Figure out how much power you want to see from the build
-Factor in labor costs if you are having a shop do the work.

Let us know what you want from the car and then we can take it from there. There are too many options to consider and wayyyyyyyyyyy too much info to just type out.
true, appreciate it thanks