New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello HCF My name is Hourt (00 Civic DX Hatch)

Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM
HCF Member
Exclamation Hello HCF My name is Hourt (00 Civic DX Hatch)

Hello, im hourt and im 18 and i recently purchased a 00 Civic Dx like 3 weeks ago and so far this is wat i have done to the car.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  51.7 KB
-Bought the car and threw my bros old rims(Aerospeed RS-GT) on there. They are 17's i want 16's later in my project.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  62.6 KB
-Type R Front Lip and Grill

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  68.4 KB
-Type R Rear Lip

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  73.0 KB
Full Side View

Inno i need to drop the car i already have my tein springs.
Tomorrow me and my bro are gonna try to put it on ourselves do you guys think its a good idea? i seen vids and other forums and we have all the tools including the spring compresser.

This thursday im getting:
-window visors(rainguards)
-windows tinted(20%)
-HID's (10k)
-AEM Intake
-And if me and my bro cant do it, my tein springs on

Im not doing much to the motor yet because im planning to drop a either a h22 or a b18 which one do you think is better?

And i heard about the h22 being a factor about handling, right now im only installing the tein springs as a temp. later i will be getting a full tein suspension which i think would help stiffin the ride out alot more better with a h22 motor.

I think i introduced myself enough and i will keep an update on the things im putting in my car and also including images.

How do you think im doing so far with my EK9?

It would help alot if ppl gave me some important feedbacks!

Thank you,

Last edited by AhxHourt; 08-30-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 AM
HCF Member

Hey welcome to HCF and nice work on the Civic right now! Yes I would def. not go over 16' for my wheels.

I wouldn't ride on just lowering springs very long. You going to blow your struts right off the car. I would recommend full coilovers, or getting: http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/agx.php with your springs or these : http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idproduct=3836

Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Snail'n Admin

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
Hey welcome to HCF and nice work on the Civic right now! Yes I would def. not go over 16' for my wheels.

I wouldn't ride on just lowering springs very long. You going to blow your struts right off the car. I would recommend full coilovers, or getting: http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/agx.php with your springs or these : http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idproduct=3836
Incorrect. Tein s-techs are designed to work with stock shocks. FYI, dont buy tein coilovers....they blow. Everyone i know has either A) ditched them for something better B) blow the shocks within a year. Get something better. Koni yellows/ground controls are very popular, Buddy club makes a good setup if you want stiff since that H22 is going to make that front end dive in hard cornering.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Incorrect. Tein s-techs are designed to work with stock shocks. FYI, dont buy tein coilovers....they blow. Everyone i know has either A) ditched them for something better B) blow the shocks within a year. Get something better. Koni yellows/ground controls are very popular, Buddy club makes a good setup if you want stiff since that H22 is going to make that front end dive in hard cornering.
Yea i heard about the tein coilovers being bad but i didnt think it was true. Mayb ill look into both of the coilovers u said most likely the buddy club one cuz i really want to drop a h22 in there. thanks.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

You think the CTR headlights from passwordjdm is worth it? cuz they run around 800$ and thats deep. but when i look on ebay its $110 for it. you think their the same?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:35 AM

ooooh, not worth it for an extra light bulb in the housing.

Do the DIY method and bake them apart, then repaint the housing.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by AhxHourt
You think the CTR headlights from passwordjdm is worth it? cuz they run around 800$ and thats deep. but when i look on ebay its $110 for it. you think their the same?
Not the same, but who cares. For like an 1/8th of the price, you can't go wrong.

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
ooooh, not worth it for an extra light bulb in the housing.

Do the DIY method and bake them apart, then repaint the housing.
Or you could spend even less than an 1/8th of the cost and go this route

Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF.

not a bad start on your ek. you should color match the car, if you like the black and silver look then at least color match the grill. My civic was originally black and silver like yours but i color matched everything 5 months ago. looks a lot cleaner IMO

I have s-techs on my civic as well on stock shocks been a year and a half and still good. It gives a moderate drop but not low enough in most peoples eyes.

As for the headlights don't buy the 800 headlights unless this is a serious build where you want authentic stuff. Just find some replicas on ebay.

keep us updated

Old 08-31-2010, 10:33 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
welcome to HCF.

not a bad start on your ek. you should color match the car, if you like the black and silver look then at least color match the grill. My civic was originally black and silver like yours but i color matched everything 5 months ago. looks a lot cleaner IMO

I have s-techs on my civic as well on stock shocks been a year and a half and still good. It gives a moderate drop but not low enough in most peoples eyes.

As for the headlights don't buy the 800 headlights unless this is a serious build where you want authentic stuff. Just find some replicas on ebay.

keep us updated
Yea i was planning on painting the car after i got most of my parts i want on, as for the headlights ill probly purchase the ones from ebay. Today me and my bro tried puttin on the rear springs(easier) and we took out the 3 basic nuts. Tried to wiggle it out, but it wouldnt come out so we decided to try to take one bolt off the lower control arm. and the bolt ended up snappin on us >=[ so now i gotta take it to the shop and have them fix that and now i mine as well pay them to put the springs on also....... bad DIY for me.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Buddy club makes a good setup if you want stiff since that H22 is going to make that front end dive in hard cornering.
Trent, you should know better. The H22, in the car and running, weighs little more than a turbocharged B-series, and the weight is directly over the front axles (unlike a turbocharged B-series, where the weight is way out at the nose).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello HCF My name is Hourt (00 Civic DX Hatch)