New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello. Newbie here and curious about Civics

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Default Hello. Newbie here and curious about Civics

Hi all. I joined this forum as I have several questions about the Honda Civic line. So, before I start making threads about them, why don't I introduce myself and say what I'm tring to do.

Well, I'm a 21 yr old male, who is single and lives with my parents. I'm going to school for my B.A. degree and only have two more years of school left. I also have an A.S. degree in Computer Systems Tech and I'm employed at a local telecommunications company as a Junior Systems Engineer five days a week, with weekends off. The only toy I have is a 2009 Honda Rebel I really enjoy riding during the warmer months and do all of my own work on it, since I enjoy tinkering. (Like add-on, mods, etc.) So, being a grease monkey isn't hard for me, but I can't do everything has I only have the basic tools area to work in. (a non-heated garage) Anyway, the main form of transportation I have is a 2005 Dodge Dakota that I'm still paying on, but its in great shape and runs great. It also has only 43k miles on it, so I would love to keep it once its paid for.

Now, with my background taken care off, here is my idea. since I can't drive the bike from like November to April because of winter, I have been using the truck. Well, it gets real old using the truck since it gets low gas milege and is like driving a tank around, plus its a auto. I have been tring to figure out a different way to travel that wouldn't hurt my money budget every month but at the same time take wear/tear off my truck and keep the $50 gas bills away every week. I also have been always wanting to own a car that has a manual transmission in it, as I like the feeling of being "one" with your car. Lastly, since I have every weekend off, I would like to start taking weekend getaways a few times a month to go visit friends and tour parts of the northeast that I have aways wanted to go see, so having a good-on-gas car would make that dream a reality as taking the truck would cost a decent amount in gas, and I'm not rich in anyway.

So, I was hoping that you guys may be able to point me in the right direction of what kind car to get and how much to expect for maintaince costs and such. Sorry for the long first post, but I just had to tell the whole story. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by sgtsampay; 08-05-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:52 AM
shawty

All hail Mighty Wall o txt

Welcomeeee to HCF!!

Civics are very very low maintenance and parts won't rape your bank accounts when you go to buy them!

Search your local craigslist and surrounding area craigslist you should be able to find a decent civic with decent miles for roughly 3grand.
OR
Find a complete bomb for $250 and turn her into a pot of gold like i did!
I have a 4door civic for sale but I live in Maryland so not help to you at all :/ She's a manual too!

Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I have been looking at craiglist but many are going for about 2000 and have about 200k on them. I would like to fine one around 100k. I'm also looking for a 2 dr hatchback.