New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello there

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
HCF Member
Default Hello there

Hi everyone! My name is Melanie. I got myself a '94 Civic Si a few weeks ago, without knowing even how to drive a stick, because I was so in love with it the second I saw it. I have since learned a lot (including how to drive it) and have found myself more and more interested in the tuning aspect of cars. I have been spending a TON of my free time lurking on this and other Honda forums, and still feel like quite a newb 90% of the time, but I am working on it

I wanted to tell you all about her, but there's no much to tell since she's pretty much stock, and I'm not really sure what yall would want to know, anyway. She had a muffler that had no right to be on her, so I had that replaced with a (quiter) temporary one till I start working on the intake and exhaust and all that. She also has after market tail lights, that don't have reverse lights... so they kind of confuse me. I like how they look, but I still think I want to replace them with OEM ones.

I want to make her my little project car, but since I'm so new to everything, I'm a little overwhelmed as to where I should start. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello there

Welcome to HCF.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Hi Melanie. Welcome to the forum! I didn't know how to drive my car until after I bought it, either.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Welcome! Hopefully you will find this a better website than most other honda sites!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

Welcome.

Geez, where to start? That's a tough one. I would say suspension, after some JDM taillights of course.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

JDM taillights of course.
Ooh, good call. Get them here: http://www.jdmcarboy.com/exterior-eg.htm (2nd item up from the bottom of the page!)

Old 02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

Hi Melanie. Welcome to the forum! I didn't know how to drive my car until after I bought it, either.
I knew it wasn't as stupid an idea as it sounded!! Thank you

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Welcome! Hopefully you will find this a better website than most other honda sites!
I already have I spent the first week or so on Honda Tech, and definantly prefer this enviroment

Welcome.

Geez, where to start? That's a tough one. I would say suspension, after some JDM taillights of course.
Yea, I've been browsing passwordjdm and ebay, but am trepedatious to purchase off ebay, and will need to save a bit for anything from the JDM site

Suspension is also at the top of my list, right after the lights and getting a couple of her minor dings and dents taken out. I like my girl pretty and non-dented

(edit so I dont double post

ORIGINAL: mxs

JDM taillights of course.
Ooh, good call. Get them here: http://www.jdmcarboy.com/exterior-eg.htm (2nd item up from the bottom of the page!)
Very nice! I love them!! Thank you

Oooooohhhhh.... and there are fog lights, too!! Well, I know where this paycheck is going. Screw you, electrical bills!!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

yeah honda-tech is not a fun atmosphere there is a lot of technical information there though and if i have a technical question that i need answered quickly that is where i go but hcf > honda-tech and all other honda forums