New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello There!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
HCF Member
Default Hello There!

my names sir skatony, i just picked up a 2000 civic ex coupe 5 speed 2 hours ago and boy are my arms tired! i previously owned an acura 2.3cl, more familiar with the single cam motors. probably not doin a whole lot of moddin, just basic diy mech work. lets have some fun!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum! may we see the civic? =P

Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum. Lets see some pics..

Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 AM

Welcome to the forum, Skatony. We are here to help you in any way possible.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

thanks! and yea ill post some pics later today wen i get artsy with my digi cam. but it looks like all of yours. silver, 2 doors, ect. well just from a quick wiki run down ive learned a lot about this car, that and putting a hun. miles on it in one day, lol. (the dmv is way out in bfe) first the sohc, i thought all civics were dohc originally. i also thought it was a b16, see i useda make fun of civics with fartcan mufflers and just the ricers that dont know what theyre doing. now that i have one, i feel bad and kinda wanna make this car nice and right just to make an example for these idiots! lol thanks for the welcoming comitee, now lets get our vtechs movin!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:12 AM

hah, Most civics are actually D series sohcs from 96-2000 except for the Si's which are B16a2 i believe. But its spelt Vtec not Vtech.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GUNNA CORRECT THAT SPELLIN MISTAKE! haha you guys are good so far...
so i tried to make a new thread earlier but i cannot find it and i think i exited out before it was done loading, so i figured id just save the hastle of a new thread and keep talkin here.
No pics for now, this pc wont upload squat right now. not sure why.... anywho, this cars going to be my daily driver for a while, so fuel mileage and reliability being a large consideration, this project will not involve any forced induction. yep, just a boring old d16, for now... My mods are bare stock right now but i will soon be repainting my 16" 10 spokes black with a polished lip, other exterior plans for now include an si jdm spoiler, a small roof spoiler, smoked tail lamps, "eyelid" headlamp covers, some fog lamps, window tint, and some other small but important touches...
I'll be beefing up the brakes with the biggest normal slotted rotor i can fit up front (no holes or ground in patterns in my brakes, because of the cheese grater affect i hear it has on brake pads) with stainless steel brake lines and ceramic pads. Eibach springs this summer, im looking for 2" front, 1.5" rear. Strut tower bars and a couple other small touches to the suspension (maybe koni shocks idk).
A weapon r ram air intake seems to be the cheapest solution that will still give me a couple of ponnies. along with a set of pacesetter headers, and a magnaflow 2.25" catback will keep the back pressure right for a n/a engine while makin a nice rumble! A skunk2 intake manifold, throttle body and fuel rail upgrade, stock injectors, will be put on the back burner untill i decide what to do with the heads. if i leave them as is, ill end up putting that assembley in some time close to next fall. i need to do some research about these civic heads and what will fit to this motor.
and ill be touching up the interior as i go. should be a fun year for this little car.

Last edited by skatony; 03-07-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM

You got some good plans there...for the exterior you should think about a lip kit for it too...it would look good.