New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello there everyone!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Default Hello there everyone!!

Hello there everyone, i'm the proud owner of a 96' Honda Civic Ex, Black, lowered 2' all around, 5zigen exhaust, intake, venom performance module, a stereo system that cost me way to much, and the awesomely awesome automatic (I knowI know heh). Well, it's funny thatI registered today because on my way home from work today,I magically transformed my D16y8 into a 3 cylinder without even pulling the engine apart, yeah, now one piston is dead, probably shatteredintopieces. Istarted the fun process of removing the head from the engine to confirm. When i pulled off the V-tec pressure sensor I think it is,I found lovely metal bits stuck in the screen, so i'm PRETTY sure thats whathappened.Lucky for me i was wanting to do a B16 5 speed swap already, so now i have an excuse. So, hello my fellow Civic enthusiasts and I look forward sharing my first engine swap with you guys!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Default RE: Hello there everyone!!

Also heres a picture of my baby https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...=6&apage=1#

And heres a picture of what i pulled out of the oil https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...mp;aSorttype=6#

Old 05-10-2007, 08:00 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF. You will find alot of answers on here, if not im sure somebody will answer them. Post more pictures or your car.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:50 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

hey man welcome to hcf, good luck on the swap. it always fun to work on your car and learn some new stuff

Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 AM

welcome to the forum

[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Thanks guy i really appreciate the welcome. Today i pulled off the head to find four pistons....so i believe it must be a rod or bearing or something along those lines. Right when i began to pull the oil pan off i heard thunder and then the rain began, so no news until tomorrow . Now my father is giving me the advice of just repairing the beat up D16. I just can't justify putting money into this engine. It's not what i want in there and i'm going to be paying for it so i'll just have to wait and see. What performance should I see from the B16 5 speed swap? What kind of times? I'm looking for a fun daily driver that will be reliable with the least amount of work, so i came to the conclusion that a B16 would be my best bet, what do you all think??? I'll probably go ahead and throw on intake and a header. I'll re-use the 5zigen muffler because I love the sound of it.Also, where is the best place to buy engines? I found a couple of places online but i never knew if they were too exspensive or just a bad company with cheapengines.A friend told me there is aplace in town that can getme a full B16 with a 5 speed for$2,100, does that sound good?Thanks again guys!!