New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello there! little help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Default Hello there! little help?

Hi there, i was wondering if i could get some help in the form of a recomendation or two from civic owners.

Im currently a 21 year old male living in the united kingdom, whos looking to get his first car. As ive always been a big fan of the civic, i thought, what the hell. I've got the cash to buy a 95/96 civic, but im trying to figure out whats the best model (if thats how you put it) for my cash? ive seen alot of Civic DX's floating around, and alot of LSI models, but im unsure as to which one to go for.

Ovbiously i would like to get the best BHP performance i can get my hands on , and i do intend to do work on this car as i go along, but i dont want to buy a car, spend time doing it up, then to find ive made the wrong choice in the first place? i dont know if any of that made sense..

Anways, im looking for a 3dr hatch, any ideas people?

- Jack

Old 02-17-2007, 12:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hello there! little help?

92 or 93 hatch would be nice, but if u want something from 95 and 96 then get ur hands on one of those.
But a lot of my friends buy the Dx model hatchback.... But that depends if u wanna do a motor swap for more power. just a thought.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM

To be honest i was kind of hoping to, just for now, keep the original engine, do some bolt on work, just do your average mods untill ive gotten more of a feeling of what i wanna do in regards to an engine drop, plus as a new driver, my insurance would be massive to do an engine drop so soon! but that doesnt sound like a bad idea.

Whats all this V-TECH buisness i keep hearing so much about? Christ im a noob..

Old 02-17-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

Personal I would like a (5th gen hatch 92-95) with a d16z6 in it.They have a 2 door coupe in Super Street project mag that they did some stuff to a put out some nice numbers on orignal engine.I am not to sure on Uk if engines are same but in U.S.thats what I would do.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:33 AM
HCF Member

Well since you're a noob, I'll tell you that it's VTEC. But like natecivic said, if you can find one from 92-95 with the d16z6 engine you could have quite a bit of fun with that in hatch with some bolt ons. It's a SOHC VTEC engine, 127 (or 130 not sure) horsepower if I remember correctly. In my opinion though, if you are planning on doing a swap, get the cheapest model, could be DX in the UK I'm not sure. It's not going to have great performance, I can tell you that, but you'll be saving some extra money that you would have spend on another civic model that you can put towards a new motor.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:41 PM

Thanks alot people! Any perticular model that would be likely to have the d16z6 engine in?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM

EX

Old 02-17-2007, 01:57 PM

SO im looking for a 92-95 Honda civic EX, Thanks people, you've been really helpfull.

UPDATE: - Looks like im going for a 95 1.6 ESI, impressive performance, and cheap on the insurance! cheers for the help everyone, ill post pics if i ever find one!