New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

HELP,newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Default HELP,newbie here

Hey y'all,

I am not particularly car savy but I like cars a lot.I've had a '96 Accord,'96 GLX Passat VW,and lastly a '05 Camry.

I am currently contemplating the '07 EX Civic,07 CRV, ooooooor back to Toyota Camry.Don't shoot!I just need feedback.The '07 Civic EX seems to have come so far that...could it possibly compete with the current 4 cyl Camrys?I refer to road noisr,comfort,reliability etc.Hondas in my brief experience are not the the most noise proof when it comes to road noise.They also have this majot fogging on the windows with the least bit of outside humidity.
The new Civs look so dam cool I just WANT ONE.However,that kind of rational can be really ignorant sometimes.I plan to be driving my car very often and sometimes for relatively fardistances,say 2/4 hundred miles at a time.I want to be comfortable,able to haul now and then.I read that the Civics still have a road noise problem coming from the front window.
Alright,if anybody has had prior Toyota vs Honda experience,please dish it out and don't hold back.

THANKS!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: HELP,newbie here

Preferably the civic would be your better bet. It has better performance and more of a tasteful interior too. By far the best civic for an out of the box deal. The EX should be in your selection. They are coming out with an Si sedan as well which is pretty cool and a very zippy car to boot.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:41 PM

im currently driving a '06 civic LX. to tell u the truth, unless u want some really excess stuff, an LX is good enough. To answer your choice of car question, i would definitly go with the civic because of it's good fuel economy and its i-vtec drives like a 6 cylinder; of course you cant compare it to a true 6 cynlinder car but consider the civic only have 4 cylinder, its not slow. Also, the exterior design and interior futuristic designalso makes it agood choice.
now onto whether u like the LX or EX, they are pretty much the same with minor and neglecgable difference. The EX have a sun roof,4 wheel brakes (just means theres a brakecaliber for each wheel), 8 stereo instead of 6 (double check on this one) and some other things. So all in all, the accessories you get for the extra couple grands are really optional and really up to u.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks all.Kyuen,re EX vs LK:Isn't it true that EX's always have the higest hp in Civics?How do I know if the motor is an i v-tec? I think Edmunds says i sohc,that's all.Is this once again back to wheather it's a DX,LX or EX?
Nobody adressed the road noise factor?Be honest,you guys just love the Civics so much that you choose to ignore it?Or,is the road noise so minimal that it's barely noticeable?
I think they all have 6 speakers.
Isn't ABS on all 4 really a great thing?
How's the foggy windows in the newer Civics?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:33 PM

Oh,thanks Remmy but as I don't drive a stick,I guess Si's are not an option for me.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

For the newer civic they all have same engine now except si. The only difference is how they are equipped. All of them should be vtec.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:37 PM

does the new si have a k20 in it?

Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

There is some road noise, but its not too bad.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:02 AM

You mean even the DX has 140hp?That's pretty cool.
Oh,Edmunds states that Civics are now getting 40mpg???In the reviews folks are saying NOOOOO WAY!Apparently it's many mpgs less.Comments?

Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rhdekhatch

does the new si have a k20 in it?
yes

Quick Reply: HELP,newbie here