New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey, auto body chick here

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:40 AM
HCF Member
Default Hey, auto body chick here

Hey my name is Kristy. I joined this forum to show off my 2000 Honda Civic EX. I'm hoping it will get some ratings from the other users. I plan on putting it in a show soon as soon as I find some! I'm an auto body chick and would also like to help with any questions.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 AM
HCF Member

Hey welcome to HCF! Would love to see the car please post some pics up!

Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF, wheres the pics of the civic you plan to show off

Old 09-11-2010, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

Sounds great! Welcome! I used to have a EJ8 i loved it haha.. Can't wait to see yours!

Old 09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Welcome to the forums. Any mods done to the EK or any plans?

Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 AM
HCF Member

Hello all! Thanks for the welcome! I have pictures of my car in the "garage" section. It's the light blue Honda Civic with the license plate that reads WKD DRGN. If I can post the pix somewhere else let me know! This car has no engine mods cause sadly no one ever bothered to teach me about engine mods and things about horsepower and such. I wish I could learn so when the guys start rattling off the facts of how fast their car goes in "techinical terms" I would understand instead of having a confused look on my face lol.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 AM
HCF Member

EK? I'm not sure what that means...

No engine mods have been done, but I have pioneer speakers all around and a Kenwood KIV-700 stereo installed. I plan on re-upholstering the car and getting better rims for it. Also, I plan on getting a Kenwood amp for it and tv screens in the head rests.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 AM
HCF Member
Default Here are some pics of my Civic...

Here are the pics you requested...

Attached Thumbnails Hey, auto body chick here-103_0028.jpg   Hey, auto body chick here-103_0030.jpg   Hey, auto body chick here-103_0032.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Super Cereal Admin

That's some pretty good airbrushing. It's not really my style, but it looks like good work.

Anyway, "EK" would be your generation civic (88-91=EF, 92-95=EJ, 96-00=EK).

As far as horsepower, here's a general idea of how engines make power: they use air, fuel, and a spark to create a controlled burn inside the engine, pushing the pistons down, in turn spinning the crankshaft, which makes torque (horsepower is a hypothetical number derived from torque). The more air and fuel you can get through the engine, the harder the controlled burn is going to push down the pistons, which in turn will spin the crankshaft with more torque. On a fuel-injected engine (like yours), the computer will automatically use more fuel if it detects more airflow. So adding an intake, an aftermarket header (exhaust manifold), and cat-back exhaust will get a little more air flowing, allowing a little more fuel, meaning a little more power. If you want me to get more in-depth or clarify something, let me know.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

Yeah my car gets a lot of stares...and a lot of "who did the airbrush work?" Most people don't know I helped out on the doors and bumper. I cut out the stencils and airbrushed a little too.

As for the engine stuff I learned about engine basics while attending UTI in Texas. But I wasn't in the course that taught about engine performance. I want to get a cold air intake and whatever else that needs but I don't want loud exhaust and I'm worried how much more wear and tear it'll do on my engine and how much more gas it'll use.

But anyway yeah mainly I don't know about horsepower.

Quick Reply: Hey, auto body chick here