New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey dudes, I'm new here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Default Hey dudes, I'm new here.

Whats up guys? I'm 16 years old, and I'm looking for my first car. I'm looking for a sport-type car, but something too much but in good condition ( I will be buying used). Basically I want something that I can make look really good with some power. Do you think a Civic is a pretty reasonable option here? Thanks.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Hey dudes, I'm new here.

you might want to elaborate alittle. a civic is going to be slow unless you modify it. if your looking for something fast without having to mod it then i would extend your search a little.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:00 PM

bsaiclly kid, go for something thats small. a small ef hatch, and then focus ure money on the engien get all the breathing mods down to a tee first.. filters? exhasut? carbs? tbs?

Old 01-24-2006, 03:37 PM

We all love civics round here, but without some modifications...they are sloooooooooow. Its all about power to weight ratio and your budget. A civic has a ton of potential down the road to be more than competitve with cars way outside of its class and still be economical and ultra RELIABLE. Quality is job one at Honda and it shows. There are plenty of vehichles out there with more nuts in the same range, but you WILL NOT find a better value anywhere...PERIOD.

Cruise around this forum, moding a car is fun, addictive, and not as hard as you may think. Civics will do just about anything your sick little mind can dream up, provided you got the money and the expertise. Good luck and make it a civic!

Welcome!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:18 PM

Howdy!! Civics are fun cars, theyre light and quick, but as far as power goes...its just a shame. But you get great gas mileage, I get about 36 mpg. I bought mine as a poor College student, and its seriously the best bang for the buck. Parts for civics are easy to come by and therefore cheaper to get, but because it pretty weak to begin with you gotta buy more. If you have the cash flowing out your butt, i would suggest a Acura RSX, Subaru WRX, Mistu Eclipse, or Mitsu Evo....(drooling here just thinking about each of those...love the tuners). Overall, Civics are the better tuner vehicles if the pocket change isnt much. I love my Civic!

oh yeah..and...

WELCOME THE THE BEST FREEKIN FORUM EVER!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

Civics are gonna be slow, but they can take a beating with high hp, it'll take some time and money, but I think everyone here will agree it's worth it.
You may even want to look into a CRX, if you can find one that is in good body condition for cheap, throw a new motor in there and you will have the makings for one fast vehicle.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

Welcome and yea they move but they're still slow..Great gas though! If all your looking for is looks though...I think you'd be happy...they take a lickin and keep on tickin!

Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 PM

how much money are you thinking about spending

Old 01-24-2006, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

welcome, go for the civic and you will enjoy it very much, its also easy to work on so if your into that kind of stuff you will be able to learn alot about your car and gain alot of valuable information..

Old 01-24-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF

Quick Reply: Hey dudes, I'm new here.