New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey im new

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Hey im new

i already got it thanks. and i was reading about the mini me swap but i wasnt sure if i could use a z6 which is OBD1 with my motor since it is OBD2.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
DJC

I want to drop my car, but i have a dilemma. I really dont know how low i want it. 1" is surley to high, 1.5" sounds nice but still may be high, and 2" might be to low to go over normal speed bumps and the sort. Yesterday i pulled into my friends driveway(it had a smll dip)and scrathed the bottom of my front fender(u cant see it unless u get on ur knees and stick ur head under the car, so im not that pissed). lol i guess im just venting and lookin for some advice.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM

i say 1.5 dont do 2. my car has a 2 inch drop and it sucks. everytime i see a pothole i get a lump in my throat. lol

Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
DJC

[hr]
lol that sucks. Thx for the advice. Im sure 1.5 would look pretty nice with 17"s...i curently have 15"s

I should get to order my CAI this week >=)

Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

Ok, i have an AEM V2 and i can almost guarantee it makes more power than the sri all the way through the rev range. You really can't get much of a better intake than the V2 or the Comptech Ice box. Not to mention it makes a great sounds, almost like you have an exhaust when under full throttle. It's pretty expensive, but i can't recomend it enough...i love it.

Btw, with regards to lowering it, I just got the tokico hpk suspension set up. It lowers it 1.4 in front and 1.25 in back. I'm loving it, it comes with new shocks and springs and the springs are already matched to the shocks so you don't have to worry about matching spring rates. Good luck!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
DJC

Thatsgreat news, b/c i have been saving just for the AEM V2....so no power loss at low RPM's? thats great

And do u have to redline the car to hear decent sound out of it?

Hmmm, i havent really thought about a uneven drop, could be nice looking though.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

You have a very nice ride. Eh just keep that kit on there its not too flashy but still nice.

oh btw. i think your honda sign on the trunk is crooked?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Hey guys, i just joined 2day. im glad 2be a part of da family..
i recently got a '98 ek hatch VTIR..
it has hks adjustable but da ryde is a bit bumpy...
Q: to loose da bump a bit, do i soften or stiffn it..
Q:and which way does it go clockwise to what? or anti clockwise to what??? if this make sense

Old 02-20-2007, 11:21 AM

imo on the 15s you have i would keep the 15s. i had 17s on my integra and i switched to gsr blades and i loved it. i think 15s always look better.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
DJC

gin-lol yea the emblem is slightly loose, i might just take it off..or get one of those nice colored ones u see in magazines. And thanks for the compliments. I like the kit too, just took off the stupid fog lights yesterday.

Wasted- Im not sure. It would make sense that loosening would povide a smoother ride...iono

rhdekhatch- See the thing is i hate the sizable gap between my tires and my fender. Do u think a 1.5" drop+15's would still have that gap?

Quick Reply: Hey im new