New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey im semi new here? what do you think of my new coupe?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned

im not really interested in looks just something better to power my system looking for that or kenetic dam ive never heard a car battery referred to as sexy but it does have nice curves .

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-06-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 AM
HCF Member

Optima's quality is entirely hit/miss nowadays. I'd likely go for an Odyssey over an Optima now.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 PM

lol thanks for the comments

yeah that battery was with it...he mentioned to me when he was selling it about how it was top of the line...lol i could care less as long as it works
yeah i want to do a trans swap but like i said thats too much money for me...eventually when the trans or motor goes ill do swaps for both (should start saving now)

my plans for now are to fix my oil pan (either I or the previous owner stripped the inside of the pan where the bolt goes in) and then i need to check some stuff to see whats going on with my gas mileage its horrible....im gonna make a separate thread for it in the general tech area....

again thanks for the comments

and the guy with the 97 dx....our cars look exactly the same

Old 03-07-2009, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by lowlife9
im not really interested in looks just something better to power my system looking for that or kenetic dam ive never heard a car battery referred to as sexy but it does have nice curves .
well my battery is plain and ugly i feel bad for it

Originally Posted by Paul C
lol thanks for the comments

yeah that battery was with it...he mentioned to me when he was selling it about how it was top of the line...lol i could care less as long as it works
yeah i want to do a trans swap but like i said thats too much money for me...eventually when the trans or motor goes ill do swaps for both (should start saving now)

my plans for now are to fix my oil pan (either I or the previous owner stripped the inside of the pan where the bolt goes in) and then i need to check some stuff to see whats going on with my gas mileage its horrible....im gonna make a separate thread for it in the general tech area....

again thanks for the comments

and the guy with the 97 dx....our cars look exactly the same
lol me? eh mine is paintd green with black bumpers right now.... i had to derice it.... but yeah they similar lol everyone always thinks my car is black i even did wheni first seen it

Old 03-07-2009, 01:40 PM
June 2010 ROTM

please tell me you have the battery tied down. I know that there are normally mounting brackets on those yellow tops, but I just can't see from that pick if there are indeed tied down or not.

Looking clean other wise. Keep it up!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

looks very similar to my old 99 civic

and that battery at least in my civic with ABS it fit SNUG!!!! but then again my abs controler helped hold the battery inplace. i didnt use a hold down at all.
only thing i suggest is for you to remove the battery and make sure the battery tray has at least been flipped or something added into the battery tray.....
if not the outter lip on the stock battery box can cut into the battery bottom. might take along time but it can happen if not checked.

if my black civic was only a 5speed id still have it.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:37 PM

clean

get yourself a battery strap

Old 03-07-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
clean

get yourself a battery strap
thanks man....yeah i gotta check that out i never realized that...i know its pretty snug in there but ill def. check that out...

Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Paul C
thanks man....yeah i gotta check that out i never realized that...i know its pretty snug in there but ill def. check that out...
haha yea
i know it's ghetto, but at least get yourself a short bungee cord (it works, i had to do it before)
you just take the hooks and hook them onto the battery tray where the bolts would normally go through at the bottom.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Recognized HCF Member

mine was held in there very snug. but my abs unit helped.
Name:  newcables008.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  46.0 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey im semi new here? what do you think of my new coupe?