New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey, New to the forum and honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Default Hey, New to the forum and honda

Hello everybody.

Thought id take a minute to say hi, and im looking farward to reading and writing comments on this forum.

Im based in the UK and have always liked Jap cars, i have owned a few my last being a 1990 MR2, which sadly came to the end of its life at christmas.

I have taken over my fathers 2003 1.6VTEC Civic SE (2dr hatch), which he has kindly given me as he bought a new car.

So i now intend to work on the cars look, i will look at engine and performance upgrades at a later date, but being a young or newish driver its not my priority, and looks are.

Im new to hondas and the civic and what i can say is that im already taken with it, fairly responsive VTEC engine, great road handling and plenty of room inside.

I would love it if anybody could point me in the right direction as to whats available in terms of bodykits, exhausts, alloys, interior detailing ect, as in the UK i only tend to see things aimed at the Type R and S and also the SI models.

Does my car have the same bodyshape as the others, for example will a Type R or SI kit fit my 1.6SE?

these are a few things i would like to know, and also where to obtain them.

hope everybodys well

best regards
Vince

Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hey, New to the forum and honda

Hey man, welcome to HCF!

I'm personally not too familiar with exacty what body style that corresponds with in the US. Would you mind posting a picture or link to one similar? The only Civics in the US in 03 is the Si (Hatchback, 2.0L) or the EX/LX/DX (1.7L), so I'm guessing either way the engine is going to be a little different, but the body will correspond to one of them.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:07 PM

hey bakertime, thanks for the welcome.

My hatch is known in the uk as the VTEC SE SPORT, which is the model below the Type S.

i have stuck a couple of pics on for you to see body shape and interior layout. Baring in mind this isnt my car, but its the same, apart from mine is dark metallic green, which im not sure on at the mo, a respray maybe on the cards.

vince

Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

Cool, nice car. As far as lip kits, or exterior mods, you're car will correspond to the US 2003-2004 Civic Si Hatch.

Happy modding!