New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

HEY new to site, just got my first civic! could use imput and advice time to time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Talking HEY new to site, just got my first civic! could use imput and advice time to time.

Hey all names Tre' i had just purchased my first civic and i am friggin hyped up! Its a 95 Civic LX manual transmission. I have approx 2000$ to upgrade and hook it up, mabe u all could give me your opinions on upgrades?. Really needs a need exhaust system, leaning towards the GReddy evo 2 catback first, or apex world sport 2, also liked the OBX twinloop. i think i want to go the whole deal and get headers and an intake also.. any advice on what headers or intake would fit best with the one of the exhausts. Also i really need to get it a paint job and id like to spend at most roughly 500$ i am still learning the basics on cars so how possible is it for me to sand and prep the car for paint myself rather then spending the money for labor, and what tools would i need. eventually id like to dress up my motor and under my hood to give it a more stylish feel to it. how would i go about doing that, im not diggin the rusty look

Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF, post up some pics so we can see what your working with. Get apexi WS2, megan header (not headers) or DC sport if your willing to fish out a little more money, and an AEM short ram intake. lower the car. if your going to prep the car for paint yourself then you can probably pull off the special maaco paint job

Old 09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Default my civic

These are some pics of my 95 civic..obviously needs a paint job..

Attached Thumbnails HEY new to site, just got my first civic! could use imput and advice time to time.-civic1.jpg   HEY new to site, just got my first civic! could use imput and advice time to time.-civic2.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 PM

how much would it cost to get my civic lowered? and i cant go to low bc overh here in ny the hills r bad.

I youtubed the DC sport exhaust and i do like it , a lot actually. so i think i may go with that one, is the DC sport a full catback system?

I also need to set some cash aside for new brakes and rotors, any specific, decent but low priced brakes u think r good?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM

im not to sure if my 95 civic lx sedan has abs brakes or not either. anyone help me with that?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

DC Sport HEADER And Apexi WS2 Exhaust is what he suggested... as do I.

Go for Tien S tech Springs, They will help lose some of that huge wheel gap you have [mine is worse dont worry] They can be used with your stock shocks but I would suggest upgrading them too since its always better to do things right the first time...

Old 09-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Looked up the Apexi ws2 and i dnt c any for 95 Honda civic LX sedan.. just c it for Hatchback and 92-95 Civic Coupe DX / EX / Si

Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 AM
HCF Member

I suggest an DC Header, (ex, 4-2-1) with a Apexi WS2, and for lowering the car the Tein S.Tech Springs with some nice aftermarket shocks.

(BTW, did somebody make your car into MT or was it stock MT? I've never seen a stock MT LX)

Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 AM
HCF Member

The exhaust for a 2dr will fit a 4dr. im pretty sure. jayvee there is such thing as stock MT LX. i got 1. and its not converted.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

of the many civics i've seen haha your both the 1st with the MT LXs.

Quick Reply: HEY new to site, just got my first civic! could use imput and advice time to time.