New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey people~

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM
HCF Member
Smile Hey people~

Hey everyone, yes, another new guy.

My parents took the liberty of getting me my first Honda, granted I've wanted a Honda for the past 5 years, I happened to pick up a used 1996 Civic EX from what I believe it to be, having a sunroof and power everything.

Here comes the long part.

The previous owner is about 4-5 years older than me, dating this car to be around the phase where NFSU came out and ricer Civics came about. This happens to disgust me because this car has been stripped of its glory with tacky bumpers, skirts, wing and a shoddy paint job. (I'll be posting pictures soon)

I've come along this forum to get helpful tips/information or almost anything to restore this car to a clean looking Civic. In short, starting a project on a blog or thread or something.

I'm going to thank everyone in advance because I know I'm going to be on here A LOT.

Andy.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

WELCOME!
lucky... i had to buy my first car lol
man i wanna see those pics... lol

Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
HCF Member

Thanks.
The previous owner is a UCLA Alumni so the car is blue. Trust me, when I saw it at home, I wanted to cry.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

slap yo mamma and dad for buying it, its gunna cost alot to fix all that and welcome to the forum and thanks for having some kinda taste

Old 12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by kanarrjl
slap yo mamma and dad for buying it, its gunna cost alot to fix all that and welcome to the forum and thanks for having some kinda taste
already did. but i have the funds to fix it. not a problem for me.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF, post up some pics so we can see how bad it is. swap everything back to stock, you might be able to do some trades on craigslist or something like that

Old 12-02-2009, 02:11 PM
HCF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
welcome to HCF, post up some pics so we can see how bad it is. swap everything back to stock, you might be able to do some trades on craigslist or something like that
Thanks! What I was planning on doing was taking off all the bolt ons and selling it to go back to factory OEMs and going to junkyards or finding part outs.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

while your at it you should swap your front bumper/headlights to 99/00 the bumper is way sweeter

Old 12-03-2009, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

If I'm going to post pictures of the car. Should I post it here or in a project thread?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum man, id say post it in the project thread, thats where all the pics are going to go anyway

Quick Reply: Hey people~